Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm early in the process but have more or less settled that the Fusion Sport will be my next car. I'm a life long Mustang guy but I can't daily drive one right now and just don't have the time for a 2nd car for fun. I need 4 doors for baby seats in the back, and I want something with some power. Tired of my boring 08 Altima 2.5. On top of that, I do sales work part time and without going into a long explanation a domestic name plate and something non-flashy is necessary. The Fusion Sport fits the bill. The only other car that I'm attracted to is the Chevy SS which is a GREAT car but falls short in a few places. Fuel economy and range is pretty abysmal, lack of AWD, and they are going out of production soon. Not to mention they are pricey.

Which brings me to the point of my post. What kind of deals are you guys seeing on these? I have A paper credit so I can get the best rates whether it's through FMC or my credit union. I most likely won't be trading in on this purchase. So far one of the local dealers advertises an "easy price" online that I believe is non-negotiable but I think that's largely BS. The prices are however pretty aggressive.

Example: 1 of the 2 on their lot has 401A, Driver Assist, Sun roof, cooled seats (must have), voice nav, inflatable rear belts with a sticker of $41,045. Their "easy price" is $34,153. By my math about 17% off MSRP. I also qualify for another $500 rebate so it's more like 18% off. Seems like a good deal, but if they are advertising this I feel like there must be room left.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I got a Ruby Red with 401a and cooled seats. I did not want anything else. MSRP was a little over $37K. Final cost for car was 33K. got 6,500 for my trade in (1500 over blue book). So my final deal was 26.5K plus TTL. 0% interest. 60 month loan @ $453/month.

·
Registered
305 Posts
You should try some of the online car buying services. I used TrueCar and got a good discount. TrueCar only works if you have enough dealers in your area to get multiple offers and negotiate with them. There are other services people here have used. Good Luck. cockerdogs

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
A little known fact you can buy from the fleet manager even though you are only buying one car. He makes his commission on number of cars sold not profit per car. The manager here at my Ford dealer had delivered my company cars to me for several year so I knew him and he knew a buddy of mine as well. I set up an appointment, did all my research, printed out all my features I wanted and had an idea of what it would cost. Then we sat down and I gave him all the info. He input it into this system, spun the monitor around to show me his cost and said I'll do $500 below that.

A side note is that when you order and build a car you can't get everything on the build sheet. Things like the illuminated door sills, the rear bumper protector, and cargo area protector are dealer installed items so they do not go one the build sheet. He sold these to me at cost also and installed the for free.

·
Registered
206 Posts
401A, drivers assist, nav, moonroof, cooled seats.

MSRP 40380, less dealer discount 2800, owner loyalty 750, then-current Ford incentives 1250, and dealer vouchers totaling 500 - brought the total to about 35k and Ford was offering 0% / 72 mo financing.

I should have waited for a car without drivers assist and nav packages, but it had everything I really wanted and the price was very competitive, so I bought it...

·
Registered
331 Posts
I got a Ruby Red with 401a and cooled seats. I did not want anything else. MSRP was a little over $37K. Final cost for car was 33K. got 6,500 for my trade in (1500 over blue book). So my final deal was 26.5K plus TTL. 0% interest. 60 month loan @ $453/month.
Basically the exact same deal I got, except mine has the moonroof. Paid $33.5k (sticker was $38k), with a 6k down-payment (VW buyback from my old car was a bit over $7k, kept the rest for local tax). The dealership I went to was in Indiana, and they collect state tax at purchase (which at least means it can be rolled into the loan, but still)... Ended up paying a bit over $1400 in state sales tax and took the 1.9% for 72 months. Total financed was right at $28.9k @ $431/mo. Still had to pay local taxes plus title and licensing, which was another $1600... Makes me miss buying cars in Alaska, no sales tax, and you sign a power of attorney for them to get your plates and the vehicle registered, so no DMV visit either.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Yeah, no sales tax in OR either, which is very nice. Our dealers also do the DMV paperwork for us and the plates show up in the mail.

I just looked at mine again and the sticker was 39,5xxx (plus what they said was a 1,500 clear bra package) and I got them down to 33,5xx after rebates and shenanigans. So I guess I was more in the realm of 16%-18% off whatever you want to call the clear bra since my salesman x'ferd the car from another dealer he said he wasn't going to charge me for it since they didn't even know about it until they got the car (I did however know it had the clear bra since I found it on the dealer locator and called that dealer directly, but they wanted to charge me 1,500 and I basically laughed in their faces).

Just be patient and keep showing your interest, but keep walking away. Mention cars like the Subaru Legacy 3.6R and the Dodge Charger. It gets them nervous. Especially when they can't compare apples to apples.

·
Registered
481 Posts
options are in my sig, Got x plan pricing plus 1500-2000 additional off from incentives. Also qualified for 0% for 72 months via ford credit.

·
Registered
320 Posts
When I bought mine I didn't want to haggle any more then I had to. All of the Sports in Canada come fully loaded, there is no option to even build it with less from factory.

The car had a sticker price of $44,038.00 CAN (approx $33,000US) including destination and delivery. Rebates of $1,500, trade in of my 09 Flex of $12,000 an the addition of $4,167.90 in taxes (yeah high taxes here) left me owing $34,794.65 over 72 months with 0% interest.

I am sure there are better deals now, but my Flex blew a water pump seal that contaminated the oil system, and it was fix it or buy new. Given it's age, I elected to buy new and let the dealer deal with the repairs and sale.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hey guys,

Don't want to quote everyone who has given their prices in this post, however I am wondering... Do these final numbers include the "Destination Fee"?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Makes sense. That's about what Truecar is stating when I plug in those options.

Just looking through this thread. It's nuts how some people are also getting 401a, Navigation, Driver assist, Sunroof, cooled seats for 35k

I wonder if it all depends on the state you live in. I'd assume this is easily possible in Michigan. Not sure what kind of deal I'm gonna find here in long island, NY

·
Registered
136 Posts
My payment would have been right around 310-320 bucks a month but I still owed money on what I traded in so that shot the payment up to 440 a month. A little more than what I was hoping to pay but it is well worth it in the long run.

·
Registered
206 Posts
My numbers also included it (875 IIRC). It helps when the dealership wants to move cars - the salesman told me they moved 4 cars in January - that's got to be a little rough when you have approaching 400 vehicles on the lot.

I wasn't planning to buy, but when you find the right deal...well, it happens...especially when other numbers were coming in much higher.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have the 400a base Sport. The final price before other add-ons was right at $32k. That was after the X-Plan and another $500 off for something. Sticker price was $34,900 or something. I financed the car at 0% for 72 months.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got my literally fully loaded 401A (almost $42,000 MSRP)at way under dealer cost because my wife works as a funder for their finance company. We walked out at under $34,000 before tax and stuff.

·
Registered
246 Posts
sticker on my car was just about $36K. I rolled the extended warranty, paint, and interior protection into the total price of about $38.5K. After incentives that I had locked in and the dealer taking some off the sticker, the purchase price came out to just about 36K with tax & title. I put 12K down including my trade, 0% for 5 years, came out to $441 a month.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts