Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was not expecting it to look this good.

I also moved the 2.7L TWIN TURBO stickers from next to the stripe on the hood to on the side of the hood near the A-pillar. Really liking that too !

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
55 Posts
Looks good !

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got it at autozone for 20 bucks. It's 3m adhesive tape and had glue primer packets with it to help the glue stick. Overall really happy with it. Gives it a really mean look, kind of a nod to the mach 1 lip hehe

Reactions: DrKoooolAid

·
Registered
563 Posts
I'm getting the vinyl put on my hood next week (Gloss Black). Will look similar to yours. But, not going all the way down to the bumper.
I like the the lip kit.(y)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Sweet. Really nice look. Unfortunately it wouldn't last five minutes in the winter here. Don't think it is snow plow rated.
Nice job. Your car is really shaping up. A stand out and stylish look.

Reactions: DrKoooolAid

·
Registered
2017 Shadow Black Fusion Sport
29 Posts
Sweet. Really nice look. Unfortunately it wouldn't last five minutes in the winter here. Don't think it is snow plow rated.
Nice job. Your car is really shaping up. A stand out and stylish look.
My thoughts as well in Minnesota. I'd love to put it on my car but between the cold and snow I don't think it would last long in the winter.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
My shoes often get caught by the front lip and the side fender skirts, LOL. I would not lower my Fusion or put any additional body effects. It looks great though!

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Can you link the lip? I'm interested.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
559 Posts
Nice work, as usual Brew! You’ve made what I see as tasteful detail changes and additions to your car to make it uniquely your own expression of style. I’d say it’s a good thing that some of the mods aren’t “practical” for every owner, especially the inexpensive ones, because then every other FuSport you’d come across would have them, too. As they say, “when everyone is special, then no one is”!

Reactions: MY27FUSION

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
I'm curious to see how it holds up at high speeds. I think that's my biggest reservation.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
looks good VB

·
Registered
559 Posts
Reactions: DarkArkAngel

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Did you use the screws that came with the kit too?
I did. I wasn't going to, on my cobra I wouldn't of. but, it's literally the bottom of the bumper, it's not metal so it's not going to rust from it, and absolute worst case scenario if I took it off and was worried about it I could fill them in and put touch up paint on the spots. But then as I typed that I thought of going through all that to cover up tiny holes on a spot you can't see and was like "yeah I wouldn't bother" haha

Reactions: dbsimms63

·
Registered
267 Posts
Who in the northern climates has a front splitter ? I'd really like to add that to my car.

Something like this seems to good to be true at this price.

Reactions: dbsimms63

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
VB ....... How much did you have to cut off? What did you use to cut it with?
Probably about 6" or so. I started at one end and cut off the extra when I got to the other end and had it just about finished so I knew how much to cut. I used a razor blade to cut it. The way it cut I took the blade down it once and the score mark was enough where I could bend it and had a groove for the blade to go into on subsequent passes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts