Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wanting to see how the Fusion Sport stacked up to others?

Just turned over 1000 miles and I really like the FS

I think Ford did a nice job on this, the infotainment system works so much better now with the blackberry qnx in sync3 , I even tried out the new Android Auto which really works well once you get your phone dialed in with it's security features to unlock it correctly, when using it. It's kinda like Siri for Apple users and Ok Google for Android, you can ask it just about anything, the weather, the traffic, to text someone using voice command, it really works well, and of course Pandora, Amazon Music and Google play all work under Android Auto in case you weren't aware of this feature, I know Dodge is now getting it also, soon LOL

The FS is a very comfortable car to drive with the active suspension thanks to Lincoln, and AWD it adds a great package, as for handling I think for the weight it does quite well, ok it's not a S4 or a RS but overall it does a lot of things very well.

The power delivery is good, with some tuning I am sure it will wake it up, but the FS is fun to drive, I like the active cruise control , it almost drives itself, that's a bit scary, but it seems to work pretty good.

I am very happy on my purchase so far and enjoy driving the FS :D

What do you guys think ?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I am extremely happy with my purchase. I agree, you can tell its a heavier car, but it feels very planted at least up to 110 mph. I enjoy it extremely well. The only cars I would have taken over this one are either out of my price range, or are just impractical for where I live and what I do, or both.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everybody knows I love my Sport. (Much more than I ever loved either one of my exes. LOL) I have been running a tune since pretty early on. It really does wake the beast. I had a little scare at the track once with some bad wheel hop but evidently, it didn't hurt anything. The ride is great and it is very comfortable. I don't have any of the extras besides a roof but, have no desire for any other car really. It's like the next generation of the SHO I had. Now, I find the SHO way too big. I am waiting to have some fun in the snow pretty soon!
Be curious to see how it handles in the snow with the AWD system, let us know what you think ?

Reactions: Dconlan4

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Well here is Wisconsin DaveE and I should be seeing some snow on Sunday and Tuesday.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I'm almost 7,000 miles in and still get a halfy when I put my foot into her! LOL

This car is PERFECT for what I do. Which is lots of driving and many freeway onramps/offramps! And occasionally haul clients around in. Yesterday was paid a very nice compliment on. They said, "this is a work car?! Wow!" I wasn't driving crazy or anything, so they had NO idea what it was really capable of, their comments were just based on ride and interior...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Just turned over 1500 miles and I am still impressed. Seats are nice and comfortable, which surprised me because with my back buckets are pretty much the only seats that are comfortable. MPG is surprisingly good for the way I drive, and it moves very nice. It has more of a refined "kick" of power. That being said this thing is a pig.. its heavy as ****.. and could use some serious dieting!

Reactions: RockinZ28

·
Registered
278 Posts
Just turned 1200 miles on mine and every time I get into
her, I just want to keep on going, but I know that I have
to head back home...Darn...

·
Registered
215 Posts
I'm at nearly 3K and still loving it. While I've got a few minor complaints, overall I'm very happy, especially considering the price. I got mine for just under 40K, but it has almost every option and is still a steal in my opinion. As I've mentioned in other threads, we bought a new Honda Pilot around the same time so it's been interesting comparing the two vehicles. Obviously they are not remotely in the same class, but I've been pleasantly surprised at how many things Ford is doing better than Honda. Sync 3 positively destroys Honda's infotainment system, and Ford's ACC and other electronic systems work a lot better than those on the Honda. The fit and finish is better on the Honda, but it's had more technical issues, like this morning when the remote start decided to take a day off.

The bottom line: If my Sport were stolen and I got a full insurance reimbursement, I'd simply go out and buy another one without question.

·
Registered
529 Posts
i'm part of the 10k club already.

Thoughts: One of the best cars I have owned and driven. Ford has done a fantastic job maintaining funding and development of this platform.

Exterior is sharp and still has a trending design, with that said, if they want the fusion to continue to be one of the top cars in it's segment they will need to be diligent on maintaining strong refreshes/redesigns.

Interior is one of the better designs. For the car, it feels roomy. With this being a sport model, I was not expecting lavish luxury finishes. I think the interior styling fits the sport model well. The center stack is nice. The shift dial took about a week to get used to, wasn't wild about at first, but has grown on me. The front seats are super comfortable with enough bolstering to hold you, but also yield decent comfort. Back seat room is on par with what should be there given the size of the vehicle. I feel that the fit and finish if of the interior is good. Despite the reports of rattles and creaks, I have yet to experience any of those.

Technology: My car has the 401A, drivers assist, adaptive cruise and I feel they are at the top of the game for this car segment. Sync 3 is a HUGE improvement over the previous sync platform. Navigation is quicker across the board. Workflow and menu layout is much more logical which allows for quicker selections and changes. The drivers assist package I feel works well. Blind spot detection is good, not great, and seems to be a bit delayed or short in distance when triggering the system. The lane departure warning can be annoying at times and I normally do not use it. My main reason for getting the DA package, auto high beams and rain activated wipers. Those two items I feel are worth the money. I've provided a write-up and several posts regarding the ACC, it is simply amazing. There are a FEW quirks (hard braking when in stop and go traffic under certain speed increases) but the system functions flawlessly. I've become more and more comfortable with it.

Drivetrain: What can I say, packed with power and torque... but the stock tuning lacks the edge to utilize the power. The 2.7TT is a strong platform and is used in several applications across their portfolio, so we know it is stout. Transmission has held up well and seems to be capable of handling what is being delivered. I would have liked to see a more aggressive torque management profile in place, especially when in S mode. The AWD system is great, it isn't the top of the line like the Focus RS, but I think it suits the platform well which keeps it in an obtainable price point. All in all, I am giddy and excited to get behind the wheel every day.

Gripes: I think we have all seen the build quality issues and bugs within the technology. There seems to be some "brain fart" kind of mistakes and quality issues among the members here. I've had a few, nothing major, but overall pretty defect free. I have the heated steering wheel, and I dislike not having a button on the steering wheel to turn it on.

Overall, I think Ford hit the ball out of the park with this sport model. There are of course improvements and quality control items that need to be worked on, but that is true for any vehicle produced. If a OEM waited to work out all the bugs and build the perfect car, it would never roll off the line.

·
Registered
246 Posts
After the first 1000 miles my feelings have become a bit mixed.

If you had asked me after the first 100. I would have told you I was smitten.

After 1000, the biggest complaint I have is the friggin battery (or rather battery drain) issue. Of all problems that a new car can have, not knowing if you will be able to start it has got to be the worst. I can only hope that Ford is paying attention and has a fix in the works.

My next biggest complaint is consistency, or lack thereof. Some days it feels like the car doesn't know what to do when I press the right pedal, other days it feels just as flawless as I want it to be. It has all the pieces, and the capability, but it seems that sometimes they just don't get put together.

Lastly, the build quality could use some improvement. My 11 year old Five Hundred never had a squeak or a rattle, meanwhile my fuspo already has a loose speaker grille that buzzes at certain volumes. And the slight panel misalignments are annoying, but ultimately not that noticeable to me.

now that I'm done shitting all over the car I bought...

This is the fastest car I have ever driven, and by a huge margin, and it puts a smile on my face every time I get on it, even when its being a bit uncooperative. It is effortless and confidence inspiring performance.

its wonderfully smooth and comfy for commuting, and that is what I use it for 90% of the time.

The interior is almost whisper quiet and the sound system is fantastic, again, better than any other I've experienced.

I also feel like I got a lot of car for the money.

Were it not for the battery drain issue souring my mood, I probably wouldn't have even mentioned any of the negatives. This car is almost perfect.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After the first 1000 miles my feelings have become a bit mixed.

If you had asked me after the first 100. I would have told you I was smitten.

After 1000, the biggest complaint I have is the friggin battery (or rather battery drain) issue. Of all problems that a new car can have, not knowing if you will be able to start it has got to be the worst. I can only hope that Ford is paying attention and has a fix in the works.

My next biggest complaint is consistency, or lack thereof. Some days it feels like the car doesn't know what to do when I press the right pedal, other days it feels just as flawless as I want it to be. It has all the pieces, and the capability, but it seems that sometimes they just don't get put together.

Lastly, the build quality could use some improvement. My 11 year old Five Hundred never had a squeak or a rattle, meanwhile my fuspo already has a loose speaker grille that buzzes at certain volumes. And the slight panel misalignments are annoying, but ultimately not that noticeable to me.

now that I'm done shitting all over the car I bought...

This is the fastest car I have ever driven, and by a huge margin, and it puts a smile on my face every time I get on it, even when its being a bit uncooperative. It is effortless and confidence inspiring performance.

its wonderfully smooth and comfy for commuting, and that is what I use it for 90% of the time.

The interior is almost whisper quiet and the sound system is fantastic, again, better than any other I've experienced.

I also feel like I got a lot of car for the money.

Were it not for the battery drain issue souring my mood, I probably wouldn't have even mentioned any of the negatives. This car is almost perfect.
Has the dealer tested the battery? might be a stupid question, but a lot of times especially in the colder climate if a cell is bad or near bad the battery may drain and cause starting issues etc, some times it can be sporadic? hope you get if solved

·
Registered
101 Posts
I genuinely love it. Definitely the most expensive car I've owned by a large margin, but feel it is worth it. Often times when I buy crap, I'll have regrets about wasting money, but the FS is definitely not one of them. In fact the only thing I'm not liking is that I live 2 miles from my office, so most days I have blue balls because it's pretty much 25mph the whole way and I'm always stuck behind people going under the limit.

Car looks great inside and out, and is packed with lots of features. Wish they had offered a heated wheel without all the added options tho, definitely needing that these days lol.

Love the way it rides too. While it's not the fastest car I've had, it's certainly enough for daily driving for me, and extremely comfortable and quiet.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Everybody knows I love my Sport. (Much more than I ever loved either one of my exes. LOL) I have been running a tune since pretty early on. It really does wake the beast. I had a little scare at the track once with some bad wheel hop but evidently, it didn't hurt anything. The ride is great and it is very comfortable. I don't have any of the extras besides a roof but, have no desire for any other car really. It's like the next generation of the SHO I had. Now, I find the SHO way too big. I am waiting to have some fun in the snow pretty soon!
I can tell you with a set of Blizzaks it will handle pretty well. We had about 8" over the last 24 hours or so and I did fine on the way to work. It seems like the extra weight is a benefit for going through the snow.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have 5000 on my Sport and I'm loving it. Definitely in the top 5 favorites out of probably 20 daily drivers over the years. I've had American, German, Japanese and one Volvo, this is a really good car overall. I went a little crazy with options and the Stop and Go Cruise is awesome, lane departure with the correction not so much. It give the car a weird flat tire pull kind of feel. Stereo is excellent way better than the last Harmon Kardon I had in a POS BMW! The. AWD is hard to beat although it come with a weight penalty it more than makes up for it in hooking up and peace of mind in the winter. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
88 Posts
In two and a half weeks of ownership, I've managed to put 550 miles on mine. Mostly commuting. I'm having a blast...erm, blasting around all the slowpokes in the NYC area. I'm still in the honeymoon stage, looking for any opportunity to drive it. Even though I'm planning on getting some sort of tune early next year, compared to my last car (SE AWD), this thing is a rocket ship. My only gripes are with my car's unwillingness to properly play the music on my iPod; the fact that I couldn't find a Lighting Blue in my price range, and that I'll never be able to go back to a slower car.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I love my car, that is all.

can't wait to give it **** in the snow and upcoming summer festivities

·
Registered
55 Posts
I got my FS in late August (Aug 30 to be exact) and now have about 4700 miles on it. I really like it.. .a LOT. I've been going back and forth and back and forth about that huge muffler (the size of a big metal garbage can) and should I swap it out to get better sound. I'm glad there were those here on this forum (in other sections) that went through the change out of the muffler. Some deleted completely, others put glass packs, others did other types of mufflers. Bottom line was that the sound from those other options wasn't enough to warrant me to change out. The FS ain't no V8, so I moved away from that.

Minor things that bother me (in no particular order): (1) The FordPass app doesn't always communicate efficiently with the car. So there's been a few times (about 3 so far) that I've set "automatic engine start times" that have not worked and I've left my workplace to find a cold car. When it works it's nice to have a warm car (especially now that the days are in their 30s here on Long Island, NY). In case you are wondering why I don't use the key fob to remote start the car at work, it's because my desk is on the other side of the building from the car that's parked on the far end of the lot (staff not allowed to park near building) and the fob's signal doesn't reach (even with the trick of putting the fob under your chin while pressing the buttons).
(2) The passenger rear seatbelt buckle... if it slips down to rest next to the seat cushion, then every time I hit a bump, or crack in the highway, there's this rattle noise. If I slide the buckle up, then the noise goes away. Very minor, I know, but still annoying if I don't remember. And i don't want to put rubber bands on the buckle or anything.
(3) The auto up/ auto down windows sometimes get out of sync if I don't operate the control properly and subsequently they will stop working in auto down (or auto up). Another relatively minor thing, but who wants to hold down a switch these days when you can press (or pull) it once and the window will go all the way down (or up)? YES, I did find the answer to re-syncing the windows (in another thread on this forum) and I printed out the instructions and put it in the owner's manual in the glove box (do we even call them "glove boxes" anymore? LOL

Things that are really NICE: Ride handling; smoothness of acceleration; EXCELLENT power when needed; comfortable seats; excellent Sony sound system; nice technology (BLIS, Lane Keep, Rear Parking Aid, Pedestrian alert system w/auto braking; and I've gotten quite used to the Adaptive cruise control.

So... as the member above this stated, "if my FS was stolen, I would go right out and get another."

·
Registered
35 Posts
All-

I've had mine about 3 weeks and about 1000 miles of varied driving. I am VERY happy with this vehicle for the price point. I have a few things bug me a little- some mentioned the steering wheel heat button (freakin first world problem if there ever was one!), I find the seat heaters a little too aggressive, but it doesn't get very cold here, I would have preferred leather over the suede stuff.... I HATE the tachometer- mine is a little dinky thing in the left corner- I think some others may be different with different packages. My only real complaint is the shift quality... just too mushy for my taste and the paddles seem to make "requests" to the tranny. I think a little money spent on a tuner to fix the shift quality and it will be much better. This is certainly not the fastest or quickest car I've owned, but I find it very (too) easy to drive quickly with confidence. I'm coming out of a 15 Mustang 5.0 and stick, so that is my most recent comparison.

Mark's .02

1 - 20 of 49 Posts