Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just want to preface this with the car i sold for this was a 2014 jeep wrangler. We are getting a pretty bad snow storm here in the NE and i took the car out to help my parents who are unable to shovel. On my way back home my street was unplowed and had probaly 8-10" of snow on it. I gotta give it to the little fusion hardly any wheel spin or drama. Very impressive so far.

Reactions: Kevin74 and 1153

·
Registered
37 Posts
Agreed. When I test drove the Sport, there was quite a bit of ice and snow, and in areas where my 2010 SEL would have wheel spin, didn't have anything on the Sport

·
Registered
320 Posts
I find mine is working very well in the diverse winter conditions of the Canadian prairies with the Conti all seasons. This AWD system seems much better tuned for transferring power sooner then that which was on my 09 Flex. Traction control only seems to engage when I am being a bit of a hooligan with the power on snow covered roads.

Reactions: D&D and Rice

·
Registered
402 Posts
My experience in the snow hasn't been as good. I was blaming the contis and wishing I had the goodyears, but ultimately I'll be getting snow tires next winter.

My wheels spin at every stop sign intersection no matter how light I apply the gas. That could be due to my low end torque on my tune. I fish tailed turning more than a few times. Nothing crazy and I still feel comfortable driving this car in the snow, but much less solid on it's feet than my wife's Lexus SUV which weighs just as much as this car.

The snow getting packed in the rear wheel-well can't be good for traction.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My FuSpo handles Connecticut snow very well.
I took it out today after we got slammed on plowed, albeit not cleared, roads and gave it a little spirit. Only kicked the back end out on corners if I was particularly hard on the throttle.

Hey DaveE, I know we talked quite about about your 20s in the other thread, but how are they and the tires you got in the snow?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My experience in the snow hasn't been as good. I was blaming the contis and wishing I had the goodyears, but ultimately I'll be getting snow tires next winter.

My wheels spin at every stop sign intersection no matter how light I apply the gas. That could be due to my low end torque on my tune. I fish tailed turning more than a few times. Nothing crazy and I still feel comfortable driving this car in the snow, but much less solid on it's feet than my wife's Lexus SUV which weighs just as much as this car.

The snow getting packed in the rear wheel-well can't be good for traction.
Def those tires I've been reading a lot on them and everyone hates them especially for snow. I was so happy when mine came with the goodyears

·
Registered
164 Posts
My area is waaaaay behind on snow this year. I've only driven in slushy snow once with it. Figures. First winter with AWD. Just glad I didn't buy that big snowblower last year.

·
Registered
868 Posts
When driving in "non-hoonigan mode" she handles very well and quite predictably. I would almost say the predictable part is more important than handling well, just so that you can expect what the car will do in most situations.

When driving in "hoonigan mode" with traction control off is another story. Since it isn't a "full defeat" of the ESC system, the predictability is not there like I wish it was. For example, upon hoonigan acceleration, you feel "in control" while being out of control, but when you lift off the throttle and your wheels are still free spinning, the ESC doesn't like that, so it kicks in trying to get you back "in control". That's the part that makes it not AS fun as I wish it was in the snow.

Wish there was a way to somehow turn it off without killing the ABS through Forscan.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts