Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got our first snowfall and the road conditions were really bad -with both Ice and Snow - I wanted to test the fusion sport - It performed really well - good traction - good handling - and most important excellent braking - really pushed it hard around in a unplowed parking lot - I think the only issue will be if the snow is too deep it can has the potential of getting hung up -

·
Registered
34 Posts
We got our first snowfall and the road conditions were really bad -with both Ice and Snow - I wanted to test the fusion sport - It performed really well - good traction - good handling - and most important excellent braking - really pushed it hard around in a unplowed parking lot - I think the only issue will be if the snow is too deep it can has the potential of getting hung up -
Yeah it still just a car ;) But the AWD system on the fusion ( not only on the sport ) is pretty good! I live in Quebec and my previous SE 2L Ecoboost AWD never had ANY problem during the winter. Now with the Sport it's even better :)

Are you on the all seasons tires ?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thats good to hear!

We have yet to get any significant snowfall here in NY, so I've been curious to see how well the fusion would do.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Well we got 2' here just before thanksgiving north of Syracuse. Roads weren't plowed and my sport was a tank

·
Registered
34 Posts
yes tires that came with car - in the spring will put on a set of Super sports and performance light weight rims
Good plan! I am also planning to buy the Super sports at some point but i am gonna use the goodyears F1 first. I think they are pretty decent.

How much weight do you think you can shave per wheels over the OEM ? And are you going 19" or 20" ?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Got a bunch of snow here in Calgary. With the Blizzaks and the AWD the car is great in the bad weather. Just the reason why I bought it :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Good plan! I am also planning to buy the Super sports at some point but i am gonna use the goodyears F1 first. I think they are pretty decent.

How much weight do you think you can shave per wheels over the OEM ? And are you going 19" or 20" ?
I have ordered 20" chrome rims and using Nitto 555G2 for tires. Will using the winter tires from the promotion on the stock rims for winter driving.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yeah it still just a car ;) But the AWD system on the fusion ( not only on the sport ) is pretty good! I live in Quebec and my previous SE 2L Ecoboost AWD never had ANY problem during the winter. Now with the Sport it's even better :)

Are you on the all seasons tires ?
I took my '15 SE AWD home right after a storm in March 2015. Car was surrounded in snow about halfway up the doors/bumpers. Managed to get in the driver door, turned the car on and proceeded to drive right through the snow bank. It might not be the most advanced AWD system available, but it works. Given how it also helps with traction for spirited launches, I'll never go back to a FWD car again.

·
Registered
868 Posts
It is supposed to snow and freezing rain here tomorrow. I think I am the only one who is excited to drive in it! Coming from 2 Audi A4 quattro cars, I have high expectations!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
i officially think winter is here in CNY, projecting another big storm Thursday thru Sunday. Saying higher elevations could see up to 24" by sunday

·
Registered
868 Posts
i officially think winter is here in CNY, projecting another big storm Thursday thru Sunday. Saying higher elevations could see up to 24" by sunday
Wowwoweewow!

Yeah 4-6" here and it'll be gone by Friday. Our weather is bipolar here...

·
Registered
73 Posts
I went over Steven's Pass in WA the weekend after Thanksgiving and thought it did quite well for heavy wet slick snow. I was a bit cautious and didn't get to "test it", but there were quite a few cars freshly in the guardrail and none of them were me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I went over Steven's Pass in WA the weekend after Thanksgiving and thought it did quite well for heavy wet slick snow. I was a bit cautious and didn't get to "test it", but there were quite a few cars freshly in the guardrail and none of them were me.
Which side of the pass do you live? I am in the Okanagan Valley BC side.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts