Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry this is kind long but be aware if your Sirius radio turns of after ONLY 3 months of free subscription!!!
Yesterday I got in my car to come home from work and wanted to check the weather forecast. I hit the app icon and weather icon and got a message that my Sirius subscription had ended and a link to call Sirius. I called from the car and "Alex" from Sitprius told me my "free 3 month subscription had ended"! I asked her if she was sure that Ford only included a 3 month free pass and not 6 months free? I also told her I thought the Travellink was supposed to free for 5 years, she insisted "no Sir, you expired only 3 months free", and then "if you give me your credit card number I can turn it back on". I said no and when I got home went to. The Ford page and sure enough I did renpmember right, we get 6 months of radio and 60 months of Travellink if you have Navigation. I called Sirius back and was again told "no, only 3 months free" I told the person about the web page and she connected me to someone else who also initially said only 3 months free. I told her about the Ford web page and asked if Ford was lying then??? She then put me on hold and came back and apologized and re connected my services for an additional 3 months and 60 months of Travellink. So, if you didn't get 6 months and 60 months of Travellink, call Sirius. As a side not I got a mailing today from Sirius that again said my free subscription ends on 11/14/16 and can call to keep it going!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty clear it supposed to be 6 months free this is from Fords web site:
Enjoy your six-month SiriusXM All Access trial.

Ford vehicles equipped with satellite radio come with a 6-month All Access audio trial that gives you over 150 channels including all kinds of commercial-free music, plus sports, news, comedy and entertainment. Plus the ability stream SiriusXM online and on the app, wherever life takes you.
You can also stay in the know while on the go with a 5-year subscription to SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link® services on new vehicles equipped with the optional Navigation System.
Get detailed traffic and weather information including ski conditions, fuel prices, sports scores and much more.
P.S., Sirius agreed and re-connected me (with NO credit card BTW)!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great advice! Nope, never do. If I do decide to re-up I get a Sirus gift card and use that number. That way they do not have the ability to continually renew the subscription!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Well then I guess I was screwed back in my 2010 and was told three month on this one... I guess we will have to see what happens.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I wonder if the dealer could have fixed this for you? I hate calling SiriusXM. I have always called to cancel to get the better rates. With the Sport I don't think I'll keep the Sirius music subscription. Pandora works perfect with my Android over Bluetooth. And now Pandora has an offline mode so if I have poor cell/internet service I can still to my music using stored music. (109 hours of my 3 most listened to stations.)
-Lee

·
Registered
76 Posts
Pretty clear it supposed to be 6 months free this is from Fords web site:
Enjoy your six-month SiriusXM All Access trial.

Ford vehicles equipped with satellite radio come with a 6-month All Access audio trial that gives you over 150 channels including all kinds of commercial-free music, plus sports, news, comedy and entertainment. Plus the ability stream SiriusXM online and on the app, wherever life takes you.
You can also stay in the know while on the go with a 5-year subscription to SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link® services on new vehicles equipped with the optional Navigation System.
Get detailed traffic and weather information including ski conditions, fuel prices, sports scores and much more.
P.S., Sirius agreed and re-connected me (with NO credit card BTW)!
The 6-Month All access and 5 year Traffic and Travel Link with Nav is also my understanding based on info from the Ford website and documentation with the car.

I recently had to change from one car to another ('13 to a '17). I called Serius/XM to get that done. I was told at that time that they generally received documentation from Ford to activate the trial/included subscriptions. Since I called the day after the trade, they had not received it they set up a 2 month free for all of it until they get the 'official' paperwork. They asked for the radio ID and the vehicle VIN.
I assume (you know what that does...) that the paperwork is generated by the dealer since they put the car in-service...
I will be checking the status in a few weeks make sure it get set up correctly.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I wonder if the dealer could have fixed this for you? I hate calling SiriusXM. I have always called to cancel to get the better rates. With the Sport I don't think I'll keep the Sirius music subscription. Pandora works perfect with my Android over Bluetooth. And now Pandora has an offline mode so if I have poor cell/internet service I can still to my music using stored music. (109 hours of my 3 most listened to stations.)
-Lee
How does one access this offline mode?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I realized last week that my travel link subscription showed "unsubscribed" on everything other than the audio subscription, I called SiriusXM and even went up to a supervisor; everyone at SiriusXM was clueless to Fords offering the 5-year travel link with new cars having navigation. They suggested I contact my dealer.

On Sunday I emailed my sales rep., Dennis, at Tower Ford of Great Neck and on Monday morning he called, told em to turn on the car and be outdoors. Within 5 minutes the deed was done. Everything now shows subscribed. Now that is service!

Apparently the dealer had not originally submitted all the paperwork (or whatever).

I am a Dead Battery Club survivor and l am happy camper.

Thank you Dennis.

·
Registered
451 Posts
That's odd, especially since everything should be automatic/electronic.

Yeah, I guess you could have tried bothering the dealer, or even ford customer service. Kudos for you to call them back a few times and finally get it resolved. I would have probably tried only once, and then let Ford take care of it. Time is valuable!

Ford possibly has/can utilize a back end channel with Sirius. But who knows... Only someone that works at a dealer would be able to tell you for sure.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Sirius is the worst, i let me original subscription expire, just didnt seem worth it. They keep calling me and calling me. Saturday at 8PM, better call jason and see if he wants to buy sirius again!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts