Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
So, according to this write up, the Audi S4 "has the personality of a toaster oven." Then they go on to state that Fusion Sport "isn’t likely to handle quite as well in the corners." Hmm...

I really wish Ford would release it to car mags so they could do some actual road reviews. These marketing writeups based on paper specs are getting stale.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I've owned a couple of Audis over the years and I found that a rather odd statement as well. Other then the revised torque spec we really don't know much more about the Sport than we knew back in January. I saw the car at the Philly auto show back in February, but it was all locked up and nobody there knew more than "it's a '17 Fusion." I drove a '16 AWD Titanium and decided I could live with it. That being the case, the Sport seemed like a no-brainer. After all, there are just a few minor tweaks -- like a completely different engine and suspension. Like most, I'm eagerly awaiting the judgment of C/D, MT, R/T, et al. It looks like I may have the car before I see the first review, but if it's as good as I think the line could get very long very quickly.

·
Registered
188 Posts
What in the world kind of personality does a toaster oven poses. Was a decent read though... didn't really gather much from it, thanks for posting though !!

·
Registered
183 Posts
What in the world kind of personality does a toaster oven poses.
I think the author was trying to make a point that it feels like an appliance and not like a driver's car.

But if he then says that this Fusion Sport is not likely to handle as well as this so called 'appliance' then what does it say about it?

Anyway, he's just speculating since he did not drive it. Wonder if he even drove the S4.

·
Registered
134 Posts
These speculation articles are interesting. They reflect the personal excitement we have for the Sport model. Along with the hope we have that it lives up to our expectations.

But I find it kind of suspect when you are writing an article based purely on the manufacturer provided specifications that you would take 2 ft-lbs away from the BMW 340i and add it to the horsepower for the Fusion Sport.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
These speculation articles are interesting. They reflect the personal excitement we have for the Sport model. Along with the hope we have that it lives up to our expectations.

But I find it kind of suspect when you are writing an article based purely on the manufacturer provided specifications that you would take 2 ft-lbs away from the BMW 340i and add it to the horsepower for the Fusion Sport.
That's hilarious. Nice catch!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts