Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum...

Just picked up my 17' Fusion Sport... in..... black. She's purty. Initial thoughts:
  1. Dig the LED running and headlights
  2. Dig my cooled seats
  3. Dig my adaptive cruise
  4. Dig the sound when I run it up to red line
  5. Wish it had more top end pull
  6. I find the shifting to be lazy (even in S mode)
  7. Suspension is buttery
  8. 12 speakers means I can piss off my neighbors
  9. I already lost my first race to a modded late model CTS V... I had it coming

Looking forward to the next few years... hoping we can get some solid tunes that give a little more ooomph in the low end and A LOT more in the high.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Is that good or bad? I can't really tell. :)

Does the suspension feel any different in S mode vs. D mode?
Won't speak for OP but I think it's great. There is a difference in S and D in my mind. D tightens up the steering a bit and stiffens the suspension. A little harsher in S. But still great.

·
Registered
10 Posts
solid tunes that give a little more ooomph in the low end and A LOT more in the high.
A tune will definitely help across the rev range but wont give a huge effect in the upper RPMs. Torque will still drop off significantly due to small turbos. Might be able to tighten the wastegates but for sure it could use a couple of bigger turbos to pull hard to redline :laugh:.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but for sure it could use a couple of bigger turbos to pull hard to redline :laugh:.
Yeah, Don't get me wrong.. it pulls, just wish it had a little more go after 75... ya know for when I'm on the highway and need to be doing 100.... real quick like :D

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is that good or bad? I can't really tell. :)

Does the suspension feel any different in S mode vs. D mode?
It's good... trust me it's good. Car stays level when cornering and you don't get that wash out boat feeling. I haven't had it long enough to really discern if S and D have significant differences.

My 14' fusion suspension compared to 17' sport is night and day. I can tell you this car is going to be fun to drive.. modded or not.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yeah, Don't get me wrong.. it pulls, just wish it had a little more go after 75... ya know for when I'm on the highway and need to be doing 100.... real quick like :D
HA! I don't know about you but I've found myself thinking "man I should really pass this person going 65" and hitting the gas and being at 95 in no time flat.

Reactions: elronino

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
P.S. - I'll toss up some pics as soon as this annoyance of a job is out of the way... work always has a way of spoiling NCD... (new car day).

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
From the sound of your original post, the deflowering is complete >:)
It was just the tip... I really only took her up to red line through first gear... then backed off... I'm going to give her a full run through as soon as I can dedicate some time to get a decent vid.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Darn good looking machine.

Reactions: elronino
1 - 14 of 14 Posts