Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
If you end up getting one, I'd be interested to hear what you think of the reception. I'm thinking about getting a 2" Cravenspeed Stubby Jr, as a less expensive alternative to going with a Sharkfin.

I'm in Canada, so I'm also faced with paying a fair bit more and wouldn't mind a bit more feedback before I decide. (The Amazon reviews are a real mixed bag, but I figure they're from several different types of car, which would likely skew the results)
I've been driving with no antenna screwed into the base since last Friday and have noticed zero difference. I drive about 100kms a day. I only listen to XM so it shouldn't matter for me but I tested FM and AM and it sounded perfect.

So adding a 2" stubby can't make things worse maybe a bit better. My parents are returning from FL in 6 weeks so I might order one in the US and have them bring it back for me. Or just pay the extra money and order directly to me haven't decided yet. I'll update things either way once I get it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Same here...noticed no difference in FM reception; but 99% of the time I’m listening to an iPod plugged in from the center console.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks all for the feedback. I think I'll go ahead and give the Cravenspeed Stubby Jr a try. I just need to try and figure out what, if any, duties and/or tariffs I might need to pay to bring it into Canada.

·
Registered
725 Posts
My satellite got much better.

·
Registered
13 Posts
As feedback on my earlier post above, so far so good on the Stubby Jr. antenna from CravenSpeed. I don't listen to AM/FM very often, but I tested it out for a bit on several different stations and found no real noticeable signal difference.

I'm also quite happy with the look, for now at least. While I still think the sharkfin is the nicest look this is a close second, for me at least. (especially on a black car) When I bought the car I assumed that a sharkfin was in the near future, but I think I'll try this out for a while and see if I can live with it, as it's far more cost effective.

For what it's worth, the customer service people at CraveSpeed were amazing! They quickly answered all of my questions (I had several) and in the end told me that any of their antenna part numbers beginning with CRMC-0705 would fit the '17 Fusion. With this information and due to availability issues in Canada, the Stubby Jr. I bought was for the Ford Escape (2013-2018). Perfect fit!

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Installed an edge antenna today...I don't feel like it seals that well, probably because the fusion roof is more curved. Anyone else feel this way?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,394 Posts
The seal on the outside and around the edge of the antenna just keeps most of the water and dirt out. The real seals are the 3 rubber seals around the screw/wire/roof hole, which are tight to the roof.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Focus112

·
Registered
157 Posts
The seal on the outside and around the edge of the antenna just keeps most of the water and dirt out. The real seals are the 3 rubber seals around the screw/wire/roof hole, which are tight to the roof.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Great, thank you!

My wifes edge was leased and we are turning it back next week. Same color and I swapped the antennas!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know for sure that antennas in BMW ( at least in the models from 1995 to 2010 ) was not very good. Mercedes Benz are more successful in that. I think that the most successful antennas are in Mercedes Benz. In American and Japanese cars antenna is also good but does not catch the radio on long vibes. You can read more info about different reviews and guides on Palmgear blog , for sure you will find your thematic in which you are interested the most. I have found a lot of things for my house because of the website.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts