Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm interested in replacing the antenna as well, had the same issue with my Dart. But I opted for a shorty antenna instead of the shark fin. I think it ended up only being about $15-20CDN on eBay. Does the antenna on the Fusion just unscrew?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm interested in replacing the antenna as well, had the same issue with my Dart. But I opted for a shorty antenna instead of the shark fin. I think it ended up only being about $15-20CDN on eBay. Does the antenna on the Fusion just unscrew?
From what I understand yes. The one I linked below installs over the factory base with a little 3M tape. There are a few wires that you need to attach to the factory base, but that's it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have never understood why these cars don't just have the antennae built into the roof or windshield but at least the shark fin isn't too bad.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Anyone else getting really crap reception for Sirius? I had Sirius on my last vehicle and the FuSpo is infinitely worse. Cuts out a ton. And I live in San Diego where we rarely even have clouds...should be no problem for receiving the signal.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the shorty antennas still look a bit weird. The shark fin is definitely the route I'll be going with.
I got in touch with CD3 Performance and gave them the paint code for the 2017 Fusion Shadow Black and they said they have it available. Here is the link to the Shark Fin Antenna I am looking at.

Probably will be ordering mine up here shortly

·
Registered
94 Posts
If you can get the antenna in the color of your car, it's probably one of the best things to do, but even just getting it in black can be good enough. Some even prefer black since it sort of hides the antenna, much unlike body colored which can stand out.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I got in touch with CD3 Performance and gave them the paint code for the 2017 Fusion Shadow Black and they said they have it available. Here is the link to the Shark Fin Antenna I am looking at.

Probably will be ordering mine up here shortly
Elronio, what is the color code for shadow black? The is just a plain gloss black, right?

I plan on wrapping my roof in gloss black and this would be the cherry on top. It would also make wrapping the roof easier because I could make my antennae hole a little sloppy and still be ok.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is the paint code I could find for the 2017 Shadow Black color: MZ7343. I'm likely going to order mine in the coming months.

·
Registered
868 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
I did a little more "dry fitting" today and was able to get it to sit flush after a little wiggling. This should make my roof wrap easier by not having to be as tight around the antenna base. Looks really similar to the garage line ones on Amazon for $90, while this possbay one was about $25.

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
I did a little more "dry fitting" today and was able to get it to sit flush after a little wiggling. This should make my roof wrap easier by not having to be as tight around the antenna base. Looks really similar to the garage line ones on Amazon for $90, while this possbay one was about $25.
Hows the AM/FM and Sat. radio reception working for you?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Just get the Edge one.

·
Super Moderator
1,369 Posts
Yeah, honestly don't bother with the VG one. Had one, it looks odd in person. Same price as the Edge one (roughly) and the Edge one gets much better reception.

Reactions: gjhazlett

·
Super Moderator
1,369 Posts
Either GT4Z-18936-ACPTM, which comes unpainted. Or one of the guys from 2GFusions forum sells them painted (and does great work).

·
Registered
189 Posts
1 - 20 of 69 Posts