·
Registered
255 Posts
No changes noticed with the stuby.

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
25 Posts
Installed mine last night, along with some Husky floor liners. Haven't had a chance to drive it yet :(

·
Super Moderator
1,338 Posts
Just an FYI, the 2019 antennas have no AM/FM antenna internals, just GPS/SAT. You're going to run into issues or degreaded AM/FM signal if you put one of those on a 2017 or 2018.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Just an FYI, the 2019 antennas have no AM/FM antenna internals, just GPS/SAT. You're going to run into issues or degreaded AM/FM signal if you put one of those on a 2017 or 2018.
Thanks @DaMiFo for pointing that out. I listen to AM and FM/HD FM all the time. That would be a huge loss of functionality for me.

Incidentally, do you happen to know if the Sony radio can do AM HD? I haven't seen it do that yet but maybe it's just none of the AM stations around here are HD. I haven't seen anything in the specs that tells me for sure.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Also they must have run the AM/FM antennas somewhere else in 2019+ because my wife's 2020 (not a Sport obviously) gets AM and FM fine, but I only have the service manual for the 2018 so I'm not sure how that's run in the later ones.

·
Super Moderator
1,338 Posts
Supposedly, "All existing digital receives can receive digital AM", but I don't know how true that is since that's is said by an organization other than Ford. I do know it's not something that's too popular yet, so you'd have to see if it's even in your area.

The 2019's only use the rear window grid as the antenna, not the dual antenna setup that pre-19 Fusions & MKZ's have.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Supposedly, "All existing digital receives can receive digital AM", but I don't know how true that is since that's is said by an organization other than Ford. I do know it's not something that's too popular yet, so you'd have to see if it's even in your area.

The 2019's only use the rear window grid as the antenna, not the dual antenna setup that pre-19 Fusions & MKZ's have.
Ah. So more decontenting in the 19+ models. Well that sucks. Doesn't affect my 18 but if I were looking now it would definitely affect my decision.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts