Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick little mod this weekend when I got my antenna in from the salvage yard.

Thanks to RCMustang for the part number info for this!

He wasn't kidding, super simple install, didn't even have to remove any panels. Absolutely helps to put the back seats down and lay in the trunk (feet down towards the tail lights) and makes it super easy to reach in above the headliner and undo the bolt that holds this in. Unplug the two wires (I have sync and nav) and it pops right off. Looks so much better in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
what kind of vehicle is the antenna off of ? Shark fin

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It came off an explorer. Was same color as my car so made it easy.

Can use from an Edge, Explorer, etc. I believe from 2015 and up. I just checked the VIN to make sure vehicle was equipped with Sync so i got right part.

·
Super Moderator
1,338 Posts
It's best to get from a 2017+ Edge or Explorer. Older models didn't have the GPS module in the roof antenna.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
are they all the same after 2017 or is there a certain part# to get ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
That looks really nice. Definitely on my list to do now.
Are you guys paying around $50 - $70'ish for these? That seems to be what I see from junkyards, unless there's a better place to find/buy?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That looks really nice. Definitely on my list to do now.
Are you guys paying around $50 - $70'ish for these? That seems to be what I see from junkyards, unless there's a better place to find/buy?
Yeah thats pretty average. Just have to hunt around. I got mine for a steal, shipped I paid $50. Just depends on the parts place...could always see if they'll come down closer to another place's price? Even if it was on the higher end around $70 thats still half of the dealer cost before getting painted to match your car.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Right on. Going to keep my eye open and get to know the differences better, but ordered a Cravenspeed stub jr el shorty antenna today to try out in the mean time.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good stuff! Most important thing is finding one off model that has sync if you’ve got sync. Part number doesn’t matter cause when they picture the parts (if it’s already off) they only show the engineering number which does you no good.

Just check vin of vehicle part is from and can see if car had sync or not.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Zen, Here is a picture of the stubby.
Stubi-2.jpg Stubi-1.jpg

·
Registered
309 Posts
I really like the shark fin and stubby antennas. Those of you who have done this, have you noticed any decrease in reception performance? I imagine the design still provides good performance as long as you have a fully optioned vehicle you pull it from, but I'm wondering about things like signal drop out vs the stock antenna. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It’s a factory part, no reason it wouldn’t work as intended. Nav, radio, sat all work normally for me. Would be odd if it didn’t work for us when the vehicle it was on before worked fine.

·
Registered
106 Posts
@Engineer The 2019's Sports come with the shark antennas from the factory.

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's a really good point as well. Now why didn't I think of that? ;) Performance would have to be okay for them to ship it stock in 19. Both of you are absolutely right.
Haha, no worries. Thats what this place is for. Ask the questions and people chime in!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts