Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
I used black plasti-dip followed by a clear gossifer. It still looks matte black and the honeycomb grill is more of a gloss black but I'm still happy with the results. The best part is you DO NOT have to remove the chrome ring to do it. I found a few YouTube videos on plasti dip. The technique is you tape off a few inches beyond the edge, peel it away once you are finished with the 5-6 coats and you get a perfect edge!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Nice job

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
What's the best method to black out the chrome in front if you don't mind me asking? And tools/paint brand you used!

Thank you
Depends on how you want it to look. The most common ways and non permanent ways are plasti dip (search dip your car on youtube) and vinyl.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Just picked mine up Saturday. Didn't even notice the chrome ring, now that's all I can see :eek: - guess I'm gonna look at something for it. Probably a vinyl wrap

What's the color code for the wheels? Maybe I'll have a rattle can made up of that color and paint the chrome trim to match the wheels to tie the grill in that way.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Here's mine. She's called the Night Fury.

Attachments

Reactions: mantra1

·
Registered
262 Posts
Vogtland Springs and new Conti Extreme tires installed yesterday:

·
Registered
716 Posts
I would have had a ticket before I got home with that tint.

Where in MI do you live that you get tickets for tint? I've had limo tint on like 8 cars over the past 15 years and have only been warned once, but I was stopped for doing 98 in a 65 so I doubt he would have stopped me just for tint.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Also @mantra1 how are you blacking out around the windows?

·
Registered
262 Posts

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Nice pics LeVel

Reactions: LeVeL
21 - 40 of 50 Posts