Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did quite a few 0-60 runs today. It was 85 degrees out. Best time I could get was 6 seconds flat. Tried launching around 2100 rpms, rolling into the throttle without revving first, straight up flooring it, but nothing I tried got me less than 6 flat. I was using the Torque app. It also said I never got above 239 hp. I am running the Unleashed 93 Tune. I know it's a bit warm out, but didn't think it would make that big of an impact.

Reactions: Rice

·
Registered
481 Posts
The hot weather can definitely make a difference. All these really good quarter mile passes are from cars that have been cooled down between runs. I guarantee if you go out on a night where its cool out you will feel the difference.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Luckily, the weather hasn't been too bad in WNY. I work 4-12, so most of my tests are after I get out of work, and the road I test on is empty.

The last time I tested, using my Gtech performance meter, I ran a 4.71 0-60. It was 72 degrees, and I had just driven home from work 15 minutes away. No cool down.

Traction control off, Sport Mode, and 2100 rpm launch.

My best on the same road is a 4.62, but it was 60 degrees that night.

·
Super Moderator
1,307 Posts
So I did quite a few 0-60 runs today. It was 85 degrees out. Best time I could get was 6 seconds flat. Tried launching around 2100 rpms, rolling into the throttle without revving first, straight up flooring it, but nothing I tried got me less than 6 flat. I was using the Torque app. It also said I never got above 239 hp. I am running the Unleashed 93 Tune. I know it's a bit warm out, but didn't think it would make that big of an impact.
How did you run your tests? Sport Mode, Traction control OFF? A/C OFF? How much air in tires? What were your IAT and IAT2 temps?

The HP and Torque number are all calculations and are best guess. Do you have all the details about your car in your Torque profile?

Reactions: Rice

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How did you run your tests? Sport Mode, Traction control OFF? A/C OFF? How much air in tires? What were your IAT and IAT2 temps?

The HP and Torque number are all calculations and are best guess. Do you have all the details about your car in your Torque profile?
Sport Mode, Traction control was off, AC off, tire pressure was 40 on all 4, didn't check the IAT/2 temps. All vehicle info plugged in to Torque.

Reactions: Oreo

·
Registered
89 Posts
Heat and Humidity have killed up to .5 sec off our 1/4 mile - but that is a 1/4 mile WOT - You are talking abt 300 feet - something does not make sense - unless the car was really hot when you started the tests - I agree with jayson unless it is time run on a track I never trusted any in car measurements - I had track pack on my Mustang - neat app - worthless for accuracy

·
Registered
48 Posts
to get true close 0-60 and 0-100 times you need a performance meter. Racelogic has a good one sitting at about $500 \USD I'm thinking of eventually buying it and making some money back by renting it out to people that want to know their times.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I run a cheapo scangauge2, it's pretty accurate (or as accurate as the cars computer is) . I was getting 4.6 0-60, I'm not sure if your device has a polling rate option in it's settings or not, but mine has low/med/high, I get the most accurate readings on high, on the lower settings the times were much higher.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, it was definitely not the car that had any issues. My wife and I took the Sport and the WS6 over to a friend's farm for some fun last night. He has a 1/2 mile long private drive on his property that is almost wide enough for 3 cars. He also owns a 2006 stock C6 Vette (automatic). The Sport actually hung with the C6 up to about 80 to everyones surprise.

Reactions: Oreo
1 - 11 of 11 Posts