Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a service manual for the sport that we can buy?
I usually buy these when I plan to keep the car for a while.
The OEM is seriously lacking for people like me who like to DIY.

Shawn S

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think service manuals went out with the Paper Age. It used to be you could get a 1 inch thick manual for the whole car. Sometime in the 80s, you'd get another inch thick manual for the emissions. Then sometime in the 90s, the manual set included another inch thick multi-set for electrical. Then the service manuals started costing hundreds of dollars. I think MO these days is to go ogle it and look at individual pdf files. By the way, I did go ogle '2017 Ford Fusion Sport Service Manual' and pretty much got the owner's manual. Contained about two warnings each page.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think service manuals went out with the Paper Age. It used to be you could get a 1 inch thick manual for the whole car. Sometime in the 80s, you'd get another inch thick manual for the emissions. Then sometime in the 90s, the manual set included another inch thick multi-set for electrical. Then the service manuals started costing hundreds of dollars.
The last ones I bought were for my 2006 Corvette.
Three manuals total. About SIX INCHES thick total when stacked together.
I tried to buy one for my 2013 Hyundai and they didn't offer one.

Shawn S

·
Registered
76 Posts
In the past the ford service manuals were provided by Helm Inc. I previously purchased a full paper set for a 1994 F150.
Helm Incorporated: Ford & Lincoln/Mercury Online Service Information Login

When you visit the Helm Inc site for ford today, you have two options that I found:

Option 1 - You are referred to https://www.motorcraftservice.com/
This seems to be a subscription service for all ford manuals 1994-current.
The bargain price appears to be:
1 year for $2,699.95
30 day for $324.95
72 hours for $31.95

Option 2 - From the helminc.com website...
Helm Incorporated: Product Search Engine
Select Model, Year, Document type (electronic Service Information ...)
Based on my quick search...
2008-2017 Fusion Service DVD $2,596.00
2017 Fusion Service Information CD-ROM $177.00
2017 Fusion Hybrid/Fusion Energi Service Information CD-ROM $177.00

There are also wiring diagram options for ~$82 but it states they are not yet released.
I did not order it yet, but I expect there is also S&H but it does look like it is available.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've purchased the service manual from Helm on CD. I'm going to investigate on how easy it'd be to redistribute. In the meantime, if anyone is interested in specific sections PM me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've purchased the service manual from Helm on CD. I'm going to investigate on how easy it'd be to redistribute. In the meantime, if anyone is interested in specific sections PM me.
I am in the process of getting my tune finished from Livernois, but I need to get their Evenflow Thermostat installed. I will likely have a backyard mechanic do the work, but wanted to know if the thermostat is easy access or not?

Thanks!
rb

·
Super Moderator
1,605 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
I bought a brand new wiring schematics manual on ebay for under $30.

Reactions: DaMiFo
1 - 13 of 13 Posts