Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Fusion Sport, 401A, Driver Assistance Package ; 1999 Expedition 5.4 4x4
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I really really love sequential turn signals and saw this video the other day.

I really want to attempt to replicate that on either the outer portion or even the inner portion lights.

I found this controller that I am thinking maybe able to do what I want.

What kind of advice and recommendations do you folks have for me? I'm thinking of buying a cheapo taillight from a wrecked fusion and running experiments on it to test how I would go about it.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
AutoZone (I think? It was a long time ago so not sure about which company it was for sure) used to sell a moving strip of LEDs that did basically what you describe, but it wasn't for turn signals. It was more of a light bar type thing. But I bet if you got something like that, and ripped out the logic board you could repurpose it for that. Alternatively, you could just build a simple counter circuit that outputs to an LED grid, that's basically what they were doing anyway.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AutoZone (I think? It was a long time ago so not sure about which company it was for sure) used to sell a moving strip of LEDs that did basically what you describe, but it wasn't for turn signals. It was more of a light bar type thing. But I bet if you got something like that, and ripped out the logic board you could repurpose it for that. Alternatively, you could just build a simple counter circuit that outputs to an LED grid, that's basically what they were doing anyway.
I think my biggest issue is that I know very little, so the simpler it is the better it'll be I think.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
@DarkArkAngel I understand completely!

Whoever has this page on YouTube looks like they are willing to build them for people, but they're not cheap apparently (no idea what that means exactly, I didn't see a price):

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@DarkArkAngel I understand completely!

Whoever has this page on YouTube looks like they are willing to build them for people, but they're not cheap apparently (no idea what that means exactly, I didn't see a price):
So that's exactly the effect I'm looking for. Would it be very difficult to replicate it you think with that controller?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts