Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After long awaiting the delivery of my Fusion Sport ordered July 1, 2016 picked up September 3, 2016, my car is at the dealership. Ford is buying back the car. I started with an electrical/electronic issue in December in which the dealer had it nearly three weeks.

I had the car back two and half weeks and then I get a blinking engine light indicating service needed ASAP. Found to have a bad cylinder #6; the engine was completely replaced. This engine was originally being put into the F series trucks. The trucks had this issue as well. Per the service manager, my cars original engine fell in the serial number range that had the bad sixth cylinder. Cars mfr'd now shouldn't have that issue.

Had the car back six weeks to start down the road of continued electrical/electronic issue again. At this point, I requested Ford to consider buying the car back under Lemon Law. After checking out the car, they decided to buy it back.

I'm not bad mouthing the car (completely). I liked driving the car. I'm even considering getting another one (maybe some things have been worked out). I just want to put it out there so that more people are aware of the issues ongoing with these cars.

Good luck, Fusion Sport owners!

Still wishing I had my 2010. Thanks for totaling it in the accident, DK. :(

·
Registered
206 Posts
Sorry to hear you got a bad Sport. Another guy just mentioned that his is also being bought back, but he didn't go into detail.

I'm glad mines newer production (mid December), but all this bad news sure isn't making me feel secure...

Thanks for sharing, though

·
Registered
451 Posts
After long awaiting the delivery of my Fusion Sport ordered July 1, 2016 picked up September 3, 2016, my car is at the dealership. Ford is buying back the car. I started with an electrical/electronic issue in December in which the dealer had it nearly three weeks.

I had the car back two and half weeks and then I get a blinking engine light indicating service needed ASAP. Found to have a bad cylinder #6; the engine was completely replaced. This engine was originally being put into the F series trucks. The trucks had this issue as well. Per the service manager, my cars original engine fell in the serial number range that had the bad sixth cylinder. Cars mfr'd now shouldn't have that issue.

Had the car back six weeks to start down the road of continued electrical/electronic issue again. At this point, I requested Ford to consider buying the car back under Lemon Law. After checking out the car, they decided to buy it back.

I'm not bad mouthing the car (completely). I liked driving the car. I'm even considering getting another one (maybe some things have been worked out). I just want to put it out there so that more people are aware of the issues ongoing with these cars.

Yuck.. Sorry to hear =/ Mind I ask what electrical issues you are referring to?

What car do you plan on getting?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My electrical issues revolved around the car not starting. The car would go into "Deep Sleep Mode" indicating that it was inactive for 14 or more days (per the Ford Pass app) when in fact the car was only inactive for hours (drove it to work but couldn't start it to leave work). The dealer could reproduce the problem, at first, but could not find a solution. They performed some "upgrades" to software. The car worked fine after that. The problem persisted again within three months, book ending the engine replacement. Side note: the Sync 3 is a bit buggy as it will shut down while driving, not connect properly to phone through bluetooth or CarPlay, et. al.

If it's permitted and the numbers work out favorably, I will consider a Lincoln MKZ. If not favorably, I will consider another FF Sport.

·
Registered
451 Posts
My electrical issues revolved around the car not starting. The car would go into "Deep Sleep Mode" indicating that it was inactive for 14 or more days (per the Ford Pass app) when in fact the car was only inactive for hours (drove it to work but couldn't start it to leave work). The dealer could reproduce the problem, at first, but could not find a solution. They performed some "upgrades" to software. The car worked fine after that. The problem persisted again within three months, book ending the engine replacement. Side note: the Sync 3 is a bit buggy as it will shut down while driving, not connect properly to phone through bluetooth or CarPlay, et. al.

If it's permitted and the numbers work out favorably, I will consider a Lincoln MKZ. If not favorably, I will consider another FF Sport.
Wow. That does sound like a needle in a haystack. Sorry to hear.

Yeah I could understand you wanting another FFS as there's really no other car on the market like it right now. I would probably take a chance and get another if I was on your shoes. Even add/remove options you want and don't want since you now have the chance to :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The nice thing about mine is that it had everything I wanted. I ordered it fully loaded and used every bit of it. I'll do the same right down to the illuminated door sills.

·
Registered
346 Posts
The nice thing about mine is that it had everything I wanted. I ordered it fully loaded and used every bit of it. I'll do the same right down to the illuminated door sills.
I wanted illuminated door sills so badly when I ordered mine but the salesman when I brought up the fact that I wanted certain options like park assist again for possible resell value more than me using it and it will help my wife with anything that she's unsure of this for is the parking situation, anyway when I am mentioned the park assist he gave me such and do you really need that type of option attitude that I was reluctant to mention illuminated door sills just for the look I would get from him... looking back as my first new car purchase it was a silly decision to make on the spot tonight order something I wanted because somebody might have an opinion about my order was stupid

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to hear you got a bad Sport. Another guy just mentioned that his is also being bought back, but he didn't go into detail.

I'm glad mines newer production (mid December), but all this bad news sure isn't making me feel secure...

Thanks for sharing, though
Leased my 2017 Ford Fusion Sport AWD in February. Had 2,000 miles on it. May 3rd starting bucking and could only drive 45 miles an hour to the dealer. Cracked spark plug. Picked up car. 1 1/2 hours later doing it again. Return to dealer. Leave it... haven't seen it since.

*Cleaning carbon out of the engine, replacing gaskets and everything else you can image related to a motor.

Over 45 days later, and them telling me that they are having numerous conversations with an engineer from Ford trying to figure this out, I am finally approved for a Buyback. They will still be working on the engine, which I find hysterical. But I will not be driving that one. I've had nightmares about it falling apart as I drive down the road.

So, supposedly I get a comparable vehicle. We'll see what that means, and even if they can find something comparable, what will I lose that I have now on my vehicle. My husband will flip a lid if it isn't the same. This should be good.

I appreciate all of the great people that worked on the car and that have helped me through this process. It is obviously not their problem and a manufacture defect. I'm just sad that I won't be getting my car back. I really liked it.

Now we will see what happens in the next couple of weeks.

To be continued...

·
Registered
1 Posts
how did you get them to buy the car back?
I have a 2017 Ford Fusion S I bought 8/31/16 and it had its first issue 11/28/16 and has since been In the shop 7 times and each time they tell me that they are 99.9% sure they fixed the issue and insist I take the car, because I take the car Ford Manufacture says that it seems the problem if fixed then so they close my case and each time I have to open another one, I told them this time my rights as a consumer are not being met and they need to take responsibility as a manufacture and buy back the car and they said "we don't have a buy back program and there's nothing we can do because we fix the car under our warranty".
I know this isn't your problem, but I'm just hoping you can give me some guidance since you seemed to get better resolution than the luck I'm having with it.

·
Registered
491 Posts
how did you get them to buy the car back?
I have a 2017 Ford Fusion S I bought 8/31/16 and it had its first issue 11/28/16 and has since been In the shop 7 times and each time they tell me that they are 99.9% sure they fixed the issue and insist I take the car, because I take the car Ford Manufacture says that it seems the problem if fixed then so they close my case and each time I have to open another one, I told them this time my rights as a consumer are not being met and they need to take responsibility as a manufacture and buy back the car and they said "we don't have a buy back program and there's nothing we can do because we fix the car under our warranty".
I know this isn't your problem, but I'm just hoping you can give me some guidance since you seemed to get better resolution than the luck I'm having with it.
Contact a lemon law attorney. I do not know about all states but in California, there is no cost to the consumer. If you are in the San Diego area, I have a really good one.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I wanted illuminated door sills so badly when I ordered mine but the salesman when I brought up the fact that I wanted certain options like park assist again for possible resell value more than me using it and it will help my wife with anything that she's unsure of this for is the parking situation, anyway when I am mentioned the park assist he gave me such and do you really need that type of option attitude that I was reluctant to mention illuminated door sills just for the look I would get from him... looking back as my first new car purchase it was a silly decision to make on the spot tonight order something I wanted because somebody might have an opinion about my order was stupid
Wow, that had to be one of the longest run-on sentences I've ever read...

·
Registered
100 Posts
My cars goes into deep sleep randomly. It could be months until it happens again. They already replaced the BCM, and it still happens. They can't replicate it at the dealer, so there is "nothing they can do." If they would buy back mine that would be great.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts

I've heard a date range, but never a specific serial # range from Ford on the cyl heads.
Any way we can find out that range, curious how close I am too it (I'm theoretically 5 months
newer than date range that has been tossed about).

·
Registered
462 Posts
I started the dead battery thread last year.
After 6 months of dead battery issues and 185 days at the dealer. Build date of 22 Aug 16.
My car was the Ford Engineer's test bed that resulted in the firmware update that ultimately fixed the issue.

My Canadian dealership agreed to take it back and factory ordered another exact Shadow Black loaded model.
(no lemon laws) Just a great relationship with my dealer. DOB 25 June 17.. Close to end run for MY17

I have had NO issues and don't regret my choice to get the 2nd Sport.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My build date is Jan 2017. I have had no issues so far (knock on wood) and love my car. That really sucks for you guys with issues. I am really glad I bought the extended warranty now.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My cars goes into deep sleep randomly. It could be months until it happens again. They already replaced the BCM, and it still happens. They can't replicate it at the dealer, so there is "nothing they can do." If they would buy back mine that would be great.
There's a firmware update that fixes the battery drain. Search the dead battery thread and tell your dealer about it!

·
Registered
100 Posts
The last time I jumped my car it shorted out the GPS and sound. I can do a hard reset on it myself, right? I'm sick of taking it to the dealer. They don't do anything.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I started the dead battery thread last year.
After 6 months of dead battery issues and 185 days at the dealer. Build date of 22 Aug 16.
My car was the Ford Engineer's test bed that resulted in the firmware update that ultimately fixed the issue.

My Canadian dealership agreed to take it back and factory ordered another exact Shadow Black loaded model.
(no lemon laws) Just a great relationship with my dealer. DOB 25 June 17.. Close to end run for MY17

I have had NO issues and don't regret my choice to get the 2nd Sport.
Do you happen to have the contact info for that engineer?

·
Registered
462 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts