Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking at some pictures online of the 2017 Ford Fusion Sport Ballistic Concept by Webasto Thermo and Comfort North America (Longest name of history) BUT, when I seen the pictures from the Ford booth at SEMA 2016, it wasn't as exciting... Naturally renderings do look better and more detailed than the reality will turn out to be but this was a bit.. blah.

The front lip is a lot larger, there's no hood scoop, the colours are off. Not too happy with it at all.. Even the rims are a bit ugly. What do you guys think ?

·
Registered
443 Posts
I'm with you.

Quite a let down.

They really went all out on this one!

I hope their food and beverage budget was higher.

·
Registered
491 Posts
If you zoom in on the front end picture I think the scoop is there but is barely noticeable, at least from that angle.

Overall, not very impressive...

·
Registered
94 Posts
As far as looks go it's not the sort of thing I would do but i'll admit, it looks good, the colors blend in well together, it looks clean and likely to appeal to people that actually own the Fusion and want to do some customization of their own.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I like the look, I don't want a crazy change.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ehh. I wouldn't have left the Kevlar yellow like that but I understand they were trying to show that off. Wish the hood vent was bigger and that they would've swapped wheels with the blue one. Other than the wheels, the blue one makes me want to vomit...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Looks like they copied you Donjohnk with the roof! I like that interior, gives it a little more interest than the all grey color.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It's alright, think the skirts would better in black but I get that they're showing off the material.
It is leagues nicer than the blue one, that's for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
SCT engine management, huh? I can tell you that part's not true. They STILL don't have the strategy.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
If there was tuning done from SCT what would be the point of the JMS parts?
very good question. Probably about the same as those hot air intakes you often see on sema cars. It looks cool on paper and sells parts. I would at least hope the bits on the paper were actually on the car, but I suspect the SCT part is false since I can't get my custom tune yet because the strat still isn't supported.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I am currently watching a live stream of the cruise out marking the end of SEMA 2016. I saw the Fusion Sport drive by earlier. It's a clean looking car, but doesn't really do much for me. I'm not crazy about the color.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
I realize that we own a fusion and it's not really "hip" in the car scene... But I grew up in the car scene going to car shows, street tuner mayhem, test and tune nights, etc. I really hope they come out with some nice performance and appearance parts for our cars.

I am a dad now and bought a family sedan that has awd since I live in colorado. But that doesn't mean I can't make this thing sick af! haha

I want a discrete body kit that makes it look sportier but not over the top. Maybe just some slight adjustments to what we have, possibly a small front splitter... I don't know, just something to make it stand out a bit and fit in with sports cars. These things seem to have some pretty awesome potential with some upgrades. Not sure if it is worth the investment or if I should keep this close to stock until I give it to my kids and then go buy my midlife crisis car then. :)

Anyway, just my thoughts.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Great find, mundy! Thanks for sharing. I was looking for something like this last night. Not sure how I missed it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts