Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up my Oxford White car last Monday.
When my salesperson was going over the features, she tried to lock the car
form the keypad by pushing the 7-8 and 9-0 buttons together, didn't work.
Of course after a few attempts she resorted to basically pounding on the door, still nothing and in fine salesperson fashion she blew it off. I didn't say anything, I figured I would read up and see what the deal was.
She called me last night to follow up and I mentioned it to her, but at this time I hadn't
tried to unlock the car via keypad, so I told her I would do so and let her know the results.
After dinner I opened the door and locked it using the inside switch, closed the door and waited for keypad lights to go off, pushed on the keypad and it still does nothing. Manual says "Keypad will illuminate when touched", mine does not.
Anyone else have this issue, am I missing something?
When unlocked using the keyfob or lock the car using the door switch the keypad does illuminate, so there's power going to it.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
To get it to light up when you want to use it, I believe you need to swipe the top of it, where you see the little flashing light above the 1-2 number.

I never use that, so I am not 100% sure.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do see a small dot at the top of the keypad, I assumed it was for something but I wasn't sure.
After locking the doors and waiting for the keypad
to go off, there is no flashing lights, it's like there is no power after the car is locked.
I think I'll hit the Quicklane after work to see if they have any insight.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
the dot doesn't flash all the time, I believe you just have to get that spot to wake up the rest of the keypad. The salesman I worked with always swiped across it to get it to power up.

·
Super Moderator
1,586 Posts
The dot/light at the top only lights up when I push a number (both on my Fusion & '16 Escape). The keypad numbers should light up when you touch any of the numbers. I usually swipe my finger down the middle to light them up. They also light up when I unlock using my key & open my driver's door.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just got back from the dealer, I figured maybe the service writer knows something I don't.
He said he's never seen this issue before.
Keypad has power but no response when touched.
They'll tear into it next week.

·
Registered
100 Posts
i use my keypad sometimes. I normally just start pressing in the code i programmed and it lights up while doing so. Try setting the code, first. I set the code via the radio and never tried the master code.
Also, to lock the doors, you have to HOLD 7-8, 9-0.....not PRESS.
but maybe you have some type of other issue.....?
Just got back from the dealer, I figured maybe the service writer knows something I don't.
He said he's never seen this issue before.
Keypad has power but no response when touched.
They'll tear into it next week.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just an update.
My dealer that's close to my office replaced the keypad and works perfect.
Also replaced a window module, the passenger front window would not global up, works perfect as well.
Knock on wood she's working as she should.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts