Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i followed the instructions in the owners manual to turn off that **** seat belt chime, but cant get it to work. any body have a trick up their sleeve to turn it off?:D thanx!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just ordered some of those seatbelt extension clips. Fixed the issue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,312 Posts
This is from the shared list of an As-Built mod sheet for the F150. I have confirmed most of the items listed on the shared sheet are the same as our settings however I have not tried these as the manual method worked for me. If you want to test out the FORScan method here is what the spreadsheet lists. Wife has car so I can't test.

Driver seatbelt minder status off IPC 720-01-01 xxxx xx2x xxxx
Passenger seatbelt minder status off IPC 720-01-01 xxxx xx4x xxxx
Driver & passenger seatbelt minder status off IPC 720-01-01 xxxx xx0x xxxx

·
Super Moderator
1,605 Posts
You need to use FORScan to edit your car's AsBuilt data. Oreo's post contains the correct bits to change. A basic Android app cannot change AsBuilt data, nor can the FORScan Android app for that matter. You also need an OBD-II adapter that supports Ford's MS-CAN network - like the OBDLink MX for example.

Reactions: Engineer and Oreo

·
Super Moderator
1,312 Posts
I personally have not tested the app for FORScan. Everything I do is via Laptop and OBDLink MX/MX+.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think what the O P is doing shuts off the chime AFTER some sorta timeout rather than the initial chime. ie. unbuckle to get wallet out of pocket at the bank driveup. the steps in the manual did that for me just fine. (I was trying to get rid of the chime completely, which the manual verbiage seems to indicate the steps will do) It lies.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Not sure about this particular case since my seat belt settings are stock, but just for general knowledge I can say that in some cases things we can set through Forscan are just settings for things the manual gives us other ways to change. I have no idea in this case if that's the deal, but I know some of the things I've seen in Forscan I've thought "I could just change that the normal way". So for instance there might be a BCM setting and an IPC setting for something. Usually the BCM setting would be the actual state, and the IPC setting would control the ability to change the settings from the dash.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Not sure about this particular case since my seat belt settings are stock, but just for general knowledge I can say that in some cases things we can set through Forscan are just settings for things the manual gives us other ways to change. I have no idea in this case if that's the deal, but I know some of the things I've seen in Forscan I've thought "I could just change that the normal way". So for instance there might be a BCM setting and an IPC setting for something. Usually the BCM setting would be the actual state, and the IPC setting would control the ability to change the settings from the dash.
Hi Engineer. You are correct, and the sealtbelt reminder chime can be turned off without FORScan. The instructions on how to enable/disable the chime are on pages 37-38 of the 2018 Owners Manual PDF version.

I will add that it could be a bit confusing for some, since it has a few steps that must be performed in precise order, at a particular speed, in a particular time period. So...it is possible that user error can occur quite easily. Not saying that is always the case, bit it is certainly a possibility.

Since the Owners Manual pages can vary by model year and print version, anyone interested should check their Owners Manual Index under "Seatbelt Warning Lamp and Indicator", then "Chime".

Or...just wear the seatbelt. ;):geek:

Hope this helps someone. Good luck.

Reactions: Engineer

·
Super Moderator
1,605 Posts
@Engineer You are absolutely correct. People love to go down the FORScan route for little things (not saying that's the case here) when you can just do it from an IPC option, or some other way like the seatbelt alerts.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
12 Posts
You need to use FORScan to edit your car's AsBuilt data. Oreo's post contains the correct bits to change. A basic Android app cannot change AsBuilt data, nor can the FORScan Android app for that matter. You also need an OBD-II adapter that supports Ford's MS-CAN network - like the OBDLink MX for example.
OK, I've got Forscan 2.4.2 beta, OBDLink MX+, connected laptop to OBD, reading codes etc OK.

No apparent way to look at or modify anything in Forscan. I've clicked on all the buttons I can, nothing seems to work.

Is there anyone available for a chat? I need more real-time communication to get this done, I've never tried this kinda thing before but I do have some knowledge of computers as I taught myself BASIC programming on a TRS-80 Model 1 back in the day...

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Hi @Testriderchuck do you have a Forscan license? Generally if you can't modify anything it means either:

1. You're not running the Windows version, or
2. You don't have a license

Without a license, Forscan isn't going to allow you to make any changes. And of course, you can only make changes using the Windows version of the software, in any case.

·
Super Moderator
1,605 Posts
That will definitely help. That's what is needed to adjust programming.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts