Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Fusion Sport for 2 months now and Im ready for a tuner. I live in SE MI (Ann Arbor) and anyone else who lives in the area what tunes are you running? Thought about Livernois or SSi but unsure. Also anyone that would like to meet up at Milan Dragway pm me.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Id go with Unleashed and an SCT tune. LMS tunes are pretty expensive and all you get is the tune. With an SCT Tuner you also get a full diagnostic tool that can read sensors, clear codes and even upload your own tunes if desired.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Id go with Unleashed and an SCT tune. LMS tunes are pretty expensive and all you get is the tune. With an SCT Tuner you also get a full diagnostic tool that can read sensors, clear codes and even upload your own tunes if desired.
What tuner do you have Jayson? Money is no option I just dont want to be buying different tunes. I want to do it right the first time.

·
Registered
405 Posts
What tuner do you have Jayson? Money is no option I just dont want to be buying different tunes. I want to do it right the first time.
I actually just bought an Unleashed Tune with the SCT tuner, but its not installed yet because my car is currently at the dealership.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much power will the unleashed tune give you? Could you tell a big difference? I would like to run low 13's or high 12's but not sure what its going to take to get there.

·
Registered
405 Posts
How much power will the unleashed tune give you? Could you tell a big difference? I would like to run low 13's or high 12's but not sure what its going to take to get there.
Id say you missed the part in my last comment where I said its not installed yet. There really isnt going to be a noticeable performance difference between LMS, Unleashed or any other tuning company. The big difference is going to be the support you get from the company and tools they give you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im sorry I did miss that part. I went to the dragway 2 weeks ago on a test and tune wednesday night in 79 degree air and ran a [email protected] Considering im 6'4 255lbs I thought that was pretty good.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Im sorry I did miss that part. I went to the dragway 2 weeks ago on a test and tune wednesday night in 79 degree air and ran a [email protected] Considering im 6'4 255lbs I thought that was pretty good.
Lots of insight on this forum.
There are guys here that have dipped in to the 12.6s with a tune only.
Albeit with much cooler temps.

The tuner wars have been ongoing for some time.
Luckily, not too much so far on this forum.
You need to decide how involved in the process you want to be.
Data logging point to one camp and plug and play only.. to the other.
Either way, you will be waking up a sleeping "sleeper"
Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Clinton Township here. I'm going with the Unleashed tune. It's comparable to LMS tune. But what I like better is the price and what jayson said. Plus Torrie from Unleashed is very responsive with revisions via datalogging.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have had my Fusion Sport for 2 months now and Im ready for a tuner. I live in SE MI (Ann Arbor) and anyone else who lives in the area what tunes are you running? Thought about Livernois or SSi but unsure. Also anyone that would like to meet up at Milan Dragway pm me.
I'm down to meet up sometime.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Not from Michigan, but Western NY - almost neighbors...

I've had the Unleashed 93 tune since 700 miles on my Sport. Very noticeable improvements. Using an old Gtech performance meter, I run 4.7 0-60's.

I haven't been to the track yet, but can tell you that it makes a very nice difference in the car. Tons more torque,and improved gas mileage if you can keep your right foot off the floor. Stock driveability. Zero problems.

Had to go to the dealer for some maintenance today, and flashed it back to stock just in case. All the way there, and all the way home I kept thinking, "Wow I miss that tune." Reflashed back to 93 as soon as I got home. I am very pleased with Unleashed.

Pinky

·
Registered
624 Posts
Brownstown, MI here. Unleashed tuned since last October. Approximately 8,000 miles running tunes. Took a couple months off in winter purely to save money on gas(87 vs 93), however I plan on getting 87/91 mileage tune next time I want to do that.

Been very happy with Unleashed, read up here and elsewhere and you will find Torrie is well liked, excellent customer service. I also have the ngauge mostly due to the fact that I was an early adopter and SCT wasn't available at the time, but I do like the ngauge. If I went with the SCT and didn't care about the money the SCT Livewire looks cool. There is a father's day Sale going on now I think.

I like the flexibility you get with Unleashed.
Plug-n-play, check.
Datalogging, check.
Monitor tons of info, check.
I have operated 100% plug-n-play with Unleashed to this point, so if someone wants easy you don't "have to" go with LMS. Speaking of easy, I haven't even had to connect the ngauge to a PC. Just copy tune from email to micro SD on my phone, plug SD into ngauge. Anytime, anywhere! Out of town on a rally, race weekend, vacation and want an update, with my setup and Torrie's quick response, No problem. No PC or WiFi connection required.

LMS is well liked here as well.

Would love to find the time to hit Milan if I can. Been wanting to do another rally as well. Lots of available rally groups in the area. Plus there's the M1 concourse in Pontiac - https://m1concourse.com
Or the track in Waterford.

Or even a SE MI FuSpo meet would be cool.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I used a cell phone mount connects right to the ngauge and suction cup to the window. Looks great like it was made for it. I to went with Unleashed and now I have datalogged alittle the car is a beast.

·
Super Moderator
1,290 Posts
There is a father's day Sale going on now I think.
Wait what? Wife just asked what I wanted for fathers day and if there is a sale on well.... You have a link?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Wait what? Wife just asked what I wanted for fathers day and if there is a sale on well.... You have a link?
Sale is good thru the 19th. I received the info in an email that I can't seem to copy and past here. So here is the links for each of the items on sale. For the tuners, choose 2 tunes to get the sale price.
Basically the sale is essentially 2nd tune free, or 2 tunes for the normal price of one.
Also free shipping on water/meth kits.

SCT X4 Power Flash Programmer - Unleashed Tuning

SCT Livewire TS Programmer Plus - Unleashed Tuning

SCT iTSX / TSX IOS / Android Programmer - Unleashed Tuning

http://unleashedtuning.us11.list-ma...0c7302d91c702b3697&id=2e97ebb8d8&e=be331c4419

1 - 20 of 26 Posts