Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, new to the forum just got a 2017 ffs with 16000 miles on it. I got a SCT X4 tuner and a 91 oct tune, what a difference. I put in a new K&N high flow air filter. I bought new plugs (sp-542) regapped to approx. .028, have to install them yet. Can I get some advice on what steps to take next I’m no mechanic so can’t go too overboard. I also have 2 other tunes available any recommendations. Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had a definite improvement in throttle response when I installed my Steeda CAI, probably get a small bump in horsepower too. I'd say it's worth it.

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't an updated tune be in order if you upgrade the intake system?

Not for simple filter or CAI change. If you did the complete intake ie manifold and TB then data logging would be recommended. Our cars also self adjust on the fly for basic things.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I did the Livernois 93 tune first, then CAI, then intercooler and downpipes, then bored throttle body. Livernois declined to adjust my tune for any of those mods.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I grabbed a BDX tuner from Unleashed in November when SCT had the rebate, Torrie included 2 tunes.
I only wanted a 93 performance so since it's winter here up north I opted for an 87 economy tune as well.
With the economy tune the biggest change I saw was the car now shifted early, like really early. It would shift into 5th before 40, sometimes I get a nasty drive train
growl when it shifts into 6th before 50 mph. It takes a little getting used to it and I try to accelerate quicker to avoid the growl.
On the plus side, during the winter I usually see high 23 low 24 MPG, I'm calculating the tanks at 26 which is what I normally see in the summer.
This is with 2 remote starts/day at 5 minutes each.

I drive about 90% highway so if I keep using the economy tune I'm expecting close to 30 mpg's next summer.

But since 93 octane is around $2/gallon, I couldn't resist, I loaded the 93 tune a few weeks ago and haven't looked back.
Way too much fun/$ to run the economy tune.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts