Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the Stinger forum today and there was a linkcin one if the posts with an article about the Stinger being discontinued. So if that proves to be true than the 2nd model update will never happen. It seems the sales are to low which evident by the lack of Stingers you see on the road. It was expected to last until 2024. I would have liked to have seen the 2nd generation.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Stinger joins us in solidarity.

Like we were always saying, 50k is too damn much money for a Kia.
I have been checking to see if I could verify that the Stinger is being discontinued and I can't find anything, I even looked on the Stinger site again and could not find the post. Like i said if this proves true? I guess time will tell.

·
Premium Member
2017 Fusion Sport, 401A, Driver Assistance Package, 33k miles; 1999 Expedition 5.4 4x4
336 Posts
Why do we have SIX Stinger threads now? I honestly don't understand the obsession with Kia on this site.
This is true. I guess the Kia lives rent-free in my head more than I would like to admit.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why do we have SIX Stinger threads now? I honestly don't understand the obsession with Kia on this site.
Well the Stinger is a competitor for the Sport. LeVel I know you don't like anything about the Stinger but it is what it is. I think some people who bought the Sport would have bought the Stinger if they would have been closer in price.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Well the Stinger is a competitor for the Sport. LeVel I know you don't like anything about the Stinger but it is what it is. I think some people who bought the Sport would have bought the Stinger if they would have been closer in price.
By that rationale, why don't we have more threads for the Audi S4, BMW 340xi, Infiniti Q50 Red Line, etc? Those all share the same basic idea - entry luxury with AWD and decent power - but they're more expensive than the Sport. Why is it only the Stinger that keeps popping up in discussions?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
By that rationale, why don't we have more threads for the Audi S4, BMW 340xi, Infiniti Q50 Red Line, etc? Those all share the same basic idea - entry luxury with AWD and decent power - but they're more expensive than the Sport. Why is it only the Stinger that keeps popping up in discussions?
LeVel, Maybe I am not remembering correctly but I thought there were a number of people on this forum that mentioned the Stinger when they were looking to buy. I did not notice the others you mentioned being brought up as much when a purchase decision was being made. I know there are members of this forum that have bought a Stinger and maybe even still own a Stinger. I like the Stinger but for various reasons one being the money and one being a Kia I have not to this point purchased the Stinger. All I can say if you don't like the Stinger than just ignore any posts about the Stinger. I also like Audi's but I don't think you like them either.

·
Registered
756 Posts
It’s Saturday night in the summer and we’re all here on the forum…I bet the Stinger guys are all out partying…those bastards!

·
Registered
645 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Wow. With those production numbers being so low, like the turbo MR2, or the Godzilla Supra, the Stinger might become a bit of a collectors item 5-10 years in the future. If they still run and there’s any way possible to get parts and If we’re still allowed to drive petroleum powered vehicles.

·
Premium Member
2017 Fusion Sport, 401A, Driver Assistance Package, 33k miles; 1999 Expedition 5.4 4x4
336 Posts
Wow. With those production numbers being so low, like the turbo MR2, or the Godzilla Supra, the Stinger might become a bit of a collectors item 5-10 years in the future. If they still run and there’s any way possible to get parts and If we’re still allowed to drive petroleum powered vehicles.
I wouldn't worry too much. Honestly for all their bluster they'll never get rid of petroleum cars. People will just continue to move towards electric until gasoline is more a niche. You'll have to drive a while to find some gasoline sure, but it'll still be there.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much. Honestly for all their bluster they'll never get rid of petroleum cars. People will just continue to move towards electric until gasoline is more a niche. You'll have to drive a while to find some gasoline sure, but it'll still be there.
Man I really hope you're right. I'm not optimistic, but I really hope you're right.

·
Registered
303 Posts
LeVel, Maybe I am not remembering correctly but I thought there were a number of people on this forum that mentioned the Stinger when they were looking to buy. I did not notice the others you mentioned being brought up as much when a purchase decision was being made. I know there are members of this forum that have bought a Stinger and maybe even still own a Stinger. I like the Stinger but for various reasons one being the money and one being a Kia I have not to this point purchased the Stinger. All I can say if you don't like the Stinger than just ignore any posts about the Stinger. I also like Audi's but I don't think you like them either.
I'm one of those people. I considered a GT2 before I got my FFS. I considered all reasonably priced sporty sedans I could find. The FFS is hands down the best value. The thing has the speed, the tech, and the comfort all in the right proportions. The Kia on the other hand was way more expensive and I didn't even feel like taking it for a test drive when I sat in the car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts