Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was sitting in front of a Starbucks in Littleton, Colorado this morning. Guy driving seemed busy, and sat in his car idling for awhile. Think it was dark blue color. He looked busy so I did not bother him. In almost 3 years owning, this was only the 3rd I've seen in the wild.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Wow, 3 in 3 years! I've only had my car 2 months, and in that time have seen 2 other Sports despite checking every Fusion I spot. Definitely not all that common.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have only seen one other one in my town (the black one in the picture...mine is in the background). However, I haven't seen it in a couple of months, so maybe I'm the only one now? Any other ones I have seen in the wild were during road trips away from my town.

Attachments

Reactions: LeVeL

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice that's cool I never see them around me

·
Registered
61 Posts
My neighborhood is not a wild :D but I see from time to time second, white FFS :) - but it is completely different story and chance than you have in US to see that car on our local roads ;)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Did you ask if they were on here? :cool:
I have seen some in my area sometimes they come in multiples 3 times I have seen 2 sports in a day. But I do not see them often. On the way home from work last week a black FFS stopped behind me at a red light, was not sure if it was a sport as cars are dirty from salt and I could not tell if the grill was black, it looked kind of black and the head lights might be a little different. Once it passed me on the right I saw the quad pipes. The car did not have the shark fin antenna so maybe it was a 17? Traffic and light snow were not the ideal conditions to drive fast.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I have seen some in my area sometimes they come in multiples 3 times I have seen 2 sports in a day. But I do not see them often. On the way home from work last week a black FFS stopped behind me at a red light, was not sure if it was a sport as cars are dirty from salt and I could not tell if the grill was black, it looked kind of black and the head lights might be a little different. Once it passed me on the right I saw the quad pipes. The car did not have the shark fin antenna so maybe it was a 17? Traffic and light snow were not the ideal conditions to drive fast.
I'm a little jealous, every time I think I maybe see one it turns out to be a Platinum, or SE something on closer inspection.

Same with the MKZs. Always a 2.0.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Incidentally on the antenna, the 17s and 18s had the whip antennas with receiver diversity capability, and the 19s had the shark fin. A popular mod is to replace the whip with the shark fin though.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Incidentally on the antenna, the 17s and 18s had the whip antennas with receiver diversity capability, and the 19s had the shark fin. A popular mod is to replace the whip with the shark fin though.
Engineer,
The shark fin antennas may have more functionality than the whip antennas?

I had wondered what is inside the shark fins, and the answer is that the antennas contained inside of them are different than a traditional whip. The shark fin antennas are for UHF and microwave signals. The services that shark fins cover include satellite radio, GPS, tire pressure monitoring, and GM's OnStar.

I would not have guessed the shark fin antenna had anything to do with tire pressure monitoring.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Engineer,
The shark fin antennas may have more functionality than the whip antennas?

I had wondered what is inside the shark fins, and the answer is that the antennas contained inside of them are different than a traditional whip. The shark fin antennas are for UHF and microwave signals. The services that shark fins cover include satellite radio, GPS, tire pressure monitoring, and GM's OnStar.

I would not have guessed the shark fin antenna had anything to do with tire pressure monitoring.
That's interesting! I wonder if that's the secret to why the 19+ models report actual tire pressures on Fordpass? I wouldn't have guessed that has anything to do with tire pressure monitoring either. Interesting stuff!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts