Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed some led reflectors in the rear, once I got everything wired back up I'm having an issue where my brake/turn/reverse lights come on but not my running lights
Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light Tire Land vehicle

·
Registered
921 Posts
Hi seth. Full disclosure, I am not an automotive electrical expert, only an old shade-tree mechanic. That being said...what do you mean by "LED reflectors"? Do you mean some sort of LED bulbs? If yes, in what locations/positions?

With the minimal information we have, I would recommend you remove the LED bulbs/lights you installed and return everything to stock. If things still do not operate properly, then check the fuses. You can find the fuse box locations, charts, lists in the Owners Manual.

I am sure another member with more electrical expertise will jump in.

Keep us updated and good luck.

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
921 Posts
this is how wired them up, not mine but this is what I copied, except I tapped into the tail light side instead of the harness on the car
Hi seth. Okay, again, I am not an automotive electrical expert, and I realize you say that is not a photo of your car. However, did you splice everything in the same way, with electrical tape? If yes, that is a recipe for future disaster, and the first thing you will need to redo. You can't just wrap splices in electrical tape. You will need to properly heat shrink, crimp splice or otherwise correct those splices.

I will leave the electrical advice as to why they are not working correctly, up to those with more expertise.

Keep us updated and good luck.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I recently installed the same LEDs but I used a wiring harness that was made specifically to plug into the stock harness. I felt it was preferable to cutting the factory wires, would allow for easy removal or transfer and reduce possibility of a bad connection. Mine are functioning appropriately including running lights.
Event Tints and shades Eye glass accessory Cable Fashion accessory

·
Premium Member
2017 Fusion Sport, 401A, Driver Assistance Package, 33k miles; 1999 Expedition 5.4 4x4
540 Posts
I recently installed some led reflectors in the rear, once I got everything wired back up I'm having an issue where my brake/turn/reverse lights come on but not my running lights View attachment 29950
You likely have these wired correctly. I strongly suspect that these tail lights are designed for the European market, in that market the lower portion of the turn signal illuminates amber rather than the American market where both the upper and lower portion are illuminated red. In ForScan there is a setting to toggle between EU and American tail lamps IIRC. I believe that if you toggle this setting you should he able to resolve this issue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The tail lights were working fine before I added the lower markers, I thought it was something to do with those if they were pulling too much or confusing the system making it so my tails don't light up when I open the door or turn my running lights on

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I recently installed the same LEDs but I used a wiring harness that was made specifically to plug into the stock harness. I felt it was preferable to cutting the factory wires, would allow for easy removal or transfer and reduce possibility of a bad connection. Mine are functioning appropriately including running lights. View attachment 29953
Where did you get those?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Chamorro85 set up a group buy with Ginnwire.
The harnesses were extremely high quality. I wish the wires on those LEDs were that good. I had a terrible time splicing them to the Ginnwire wiring harness because the LED wires were so thin they kept breaking and melting when I was soldering.

[IMG alt="Chamorro85"]https://www.fusionsportforums.com/d1/avatars/m/11/11969.jpg?1593480756[/IMG]
Chamorro85
·Registered
'17 Magnetic; Unleashed Tune, FMIC
Joined Jun 29, 2020
·
214 Posts
Alright everything is confirmed with him:

"Have them send $85.50 plus $10 to my PayPal: [email protected] and add FUSION MARKERS w/year of car to the payment notes along with shipping info to match the info you’re giving me in the list."

·
Super Moderator
1,728 Posts
Did you spend a good amount of time going through what you did, tracing out every single wire you touched? If not, I would start there. I really hope you didn't work off of that picture to wire anything up. I agree with bbf, if you don't have much info to provide I highly suggest you undo what you did and see if things start working. Did you check your voltages on the wires going to the reflectors or the tail lights? Check your grounds? And what do you mean you tapped into the tail light side rather than the harness on the car? The rear harness section connects directly to the tail lights...

·
Premium Member
2017 Fusion Sport, 401A, Driver Assistance Package, 33k miles; 1999 Expedition 5.4 4x4
540 Posts
Chamorro85 set up a group buy with Ginnwire.
The harnesses were extremely high quality. I wish the wires on those LEDs were that good. I had a terrible time splicing them to the Ginnwire wiring harness because the LED wires were so thin they kept breaking and melting when I was soldering.

[IMG alt="Chamorro85"]https://www.fusionsportforums.com/d1/avatars/m/11/11969.jpg?1593480756[/IMG]
Chamorro85
·Registered
'17 Magnetic; Unleashed Tune, FMIC
Joined Jun 29, 2020
·
214 Posts
Alright everything is confirmed with him:

"Have them send $85.50 plus $10 to my PayPal: [email protected] and add FUSION MARKERS w/year of car to the payment notes along with shipping info to match the info you’re giving me in the list."
I was actually lucky enough to purchase the harness from him as he never installed it and didn't need it anymore after selling his Fusion. I still have it and would be more than willing to post some pictures of them for reproduction.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did you spend a good amount of time going through what you did, tracing out every single wire you touched? If not, I would start there. I really hope you didn't work off of that picture to wire anything up. I agree with bbf, if you don't have much info to provide I highly suggest you undo what you did and see if things start working. Did you check your voltages on the wires going to the reflectors or the tail lights? Check your grounds? And what do you mean you tapped into the tail light side rather than the harness on the car? The rear harness section connects directly to the tail lights...
The wire harness plugs into the pigtail on the tail light, I used that side to splice into and I went off that because the aftermarket tail lights have different color wires but the same pin locations

·
Registered
921 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts