Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that when I tend to start the car in the morning, it sounds sound pretty rough, almost like metal on metal contact for 3-4 seconds before the idle smooths out. I saw that some people here ended up needing new engines due the cylinder head issue and my build date falls within that time frame. I haven't really noticed any other issues, except occasionally get a faint smell of burned oil after driving it somewhat aggressive, but everything else seems fine.

I just want to see if this is normal for this car/engine or if I might have something else going on that the dealership should be made aware of.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback.

I have approx 10K miles on the car at the moment and the oil level is fine. Exactly where it should be. I have to take it in for the 10K mile maintenance, so I will mention it. I tried to get a video of the noise but it actually wasn't bad this morning. Some days its worse than others.

I may be over-stating the type of sound its making as well. It's sounds similar to an engine stalling or knocking, for lack of better words. Perhaps it's the car just trying to find it's idle? It's very hard to describe the noise.

With that said, if it's not using oil and I'm not getting any sort of CEL, I'm guessing all is fine. Perhaps it's all in my head? lol Once it's started, it sounds/feels just fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts