Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
A 8.5" rim should be able to fit a 255 tire, possibly a 265.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
265 would be pushing it... i guess depending on manufacture though, i hear federals run a bit wider then others . i have 255/35 on 8.5 wide wheel and its good enough.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
heres the 255/35's on mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
The rear kit comes with solenoids that allow the electric park brake motor to push fluid and apply the park brake.
Looks great!! Any pics of those solenoids. They act like kind of like a self powered line lock?? (just
inline in the brake line?)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Looks great!! Any pics of those solenoids. They act like kind of like a self powered line lock?? (just

inline in the brake line?)

I didn’t take any pics during installation. We were trying to minimize our time in the shop since it was a Saturday (and who wants to be at work on the weekend?). That’s pretty much what they are though, in line locks. Brake line comes off the metal line, to the solenoid, back out to the caliper. Electric motor turns the solenoid which then pushes brake fluid into the caliper. Pretty straightforward.

I attached the picture from the kit pics that are at the top of this thread. Zoomed in on the solenoids.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Finished up the install last night. Man, the front brakes are so much easier to do than the rear. WOW, does this car stop now. Better feel in the pedal, and no fade. Not to mention it makes the car look incredible.

Pics to come. Need to wash first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Finished up the install last night. Man, the front brakes are so much easier to do than the rear. WOW, does this car stop now. Better feel in the pedal, and no fade. Not to mention it makes the car look incredible.

Pics to come. Need to wash first.

nice... man i wish i knew how well these held up in the northern areas that use salt on the roads. its alot of money to spend to have them fall apart in a few years

·
Registered
248 Posts
nice... man i wish i knew how well these held up in the northern areas that use salt on the roads. its alot of money to spend to have them fall apart in a few years

I completely understand. I would definitely stick with stock brakes and steel wheels if I lived up North. I went to school in the NC mountains, and we experience similar winters to up north. I’ve seen what salt does to cars.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
did you get the 6 piston fronts? I emailed Loren to get a price on the 4 piston kit. hoping to be able to clear 18" wheels

·
Registered
248 Posts
Here ya go. This should do for now until I make it downtown for some skyline pics a little later.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Here’s some beauty shots

·
Registered
175 Posts
Beauty shots! Your Night Fury looks gorgeous.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Rotora Brakes Problems

Hello everybody,
I got the Big Brake Kit from Rotora and only problems. I hope you can help me, because Rotora does not answer. They are silent.
After a short while I always squeak the brakes. the rotors or coverings are not glazed. then I have the problem, in the rain do not hold for the first moment and a few seconds later rubbing the brakes. The next problem is, when I stop at rain at the traffic lights and the brake is pressed, stick the blocks firmly, so there is a jerk when driving off. as the next problem, the paint peels off. Maybe someone can help me, because Loren von Rotora does not help me.

The car is a Ford Mondeo tournament, I'm from Germany, but the brake is exactly the same as for the Fusion

380 x 32mm 6 pistons in front and 250 x 29 2 pistons with electric parking brake at the back.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hello everybody,

I got the Big Brake Kit from Rotora and only problems. I hope you can help me, because Rotora does not answer. They are silent.

After a short while I always squeak the brakes. the rotors or coverings are not glazed. then I have the problem, in the rain do not hold for the first moment and a few seconds later rubbing the brakes. The next problem is, when I stop at rain at the traffic lights and the brake is pressed, stick the blocks firmly, so there is a jerk when driving off. as the next problem, the paint peels off. Maybe someone can help me, because Loren von Rotora does not help me.

The car is a Ford Mondeo tournament, I'm from Germany, but the brake is exactly the same as for the Fusion

380 x 32mm 6 pistons in front and 250 x 29 2 pistons with electric parking brake at the back.
The only issues I have heard about were the problems with squeaks coming from rear. Sounds like you may have gotten a bad set

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everybody,

The only issues I have heard about were the problems with squeaks coming from rear. Sounds like you may have gotten a bad set

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

but what can I do if rotora does not answer.

·
Registered
230 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
It's been a month. Has there been any updates on this? That's a lot of dough to drop and I need to see if they are Trust worthy before I swap the brakes on mh mkz. Thx

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

61 - 78 of 78 Posts