Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a little late to the party regarding build threads... but here goes the list of things done....
  • LED Reverse Lights - Rayhoo High Power 921
  • LED Puddle Lights - Daytime Bright Lites
  • LED License Plate - 194
  • Tray style All Weather Floor Mats
  • Window Tint - Limo (5%) Rear and 25% Fronts
  • AFE Pro Dry S

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was it pretty easy to switch out all the lights? How about a couple pictures.
Reverse lights are simple. The hardest part was getting the plastic retainers out to pull back the trunk lid carpet.
License plate lights are even easier (just be careful you don't scratch anything when removing the light housing)

Puddle lights - PITA... I actually ended up destroying the factory puddle lights. I got them to drop down, but couldn't for the life of me get them to release from the mirror housing.

I will get pics up tonight... Sorry been slammed at work and getting ready for a camping trip this weekend.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I really can't wait to see what the 5% looks like because that's what I'm planning on doing all the way around on mine...because why not right? haha

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Few pics of the license plate LED and puddle lights. I hate how the camera washes out the true light output.... but these puddle lights really give you a nice glow at night.

**sorry for the sideways photos... I uploaded from my phone through the web browser..... fail

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Reverse lights are simple. The hardest part was getting the plastic retainers out to pull back the trunk lid carpet.
License plate lights are even easier (just be careful you don't scratch anything when removing the light housing)

Puddle lights - PITA... I actually ended up destroying the factory puddle lights. I got them to drop down, but couldn't for the life of me get them to release from the mirror housing.

I will get pics up tonight... Sorry been slammed at work and getting ready for a camping trip this weekend.
Just did all the lights today. God dam those puddle lights lol. Glad you posted this, cause after around 30 minutes of trying to be gentle, I just went hulk smash on them. To make it even worse, the passenger side had 0 slack on the wires too, connectors didn't even reach out of the hole.

This was the Dark Souls of mods :mad:

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just did all the lights today. God dam those puddle lights lol. Glad you posted this, cause after around 30 minutes of trying to be gentle, I just went hulk smash on them. To make it even worse, the passenger side had 0 slack on the wires too, connectors didn't even reach out of the hole.

This was the Dark Souls of mods :mad:
I had to have a shot of bourbon after I finished mine to calm my nerves... They look sweet, but seriously ridiculously difficult to remove.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Those puddle lights look darn killer. It seems also a killer to install lol. BUT the hardest things always do come out to be the most worth it.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tuned

So... I wasn't the first... but I think I was the second...

I'm LMS tuned.. Running 93 Perf. v1. From what I was shown and told, we are looking at 60WHP and 44WTQ over stock on this initial version.

I visited in person and worked with Ethan and Daniel in the sales department to get hooked up. They are great guys and extremely helpful.

No official testing or numbers yet, but butt dyno is making me smile. I'm going to try and find some time to track it here before the weather turns to crap in MI.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm a little late to the party regarding build threads... but here goes the list of things done....
  • LED Reverse Lights - Rayhoo High Power 921
  • LED Puddle Lights - Daytime Bright Lites
  • LED License Plate - 194
  • Tray style All Weather Floor Mats
  • Window Tint - Limo (5%) Rear and 25% Fronts
  • AFE Pro Dry S
Did you use the license plate LEDs that came with the puddle light kit?

I've noticed mine are flickering or not working now. Possibly from lower temperatures? Still it has only been in like the mid 30s at worst, even in the 40s they're having issues. Going to get a **** of a lot colder...

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have not noticed flickering with mine. I'll keep an eye out for it. I did make sure that mine were seated well. Maybe check to make sure they haven't come loose.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Did you use the license plate LEDs that came with the puddle light kit?

I've noticed mine are flickering or not working now. Possibly from lower temperatures? Still it has only been in like the mid 30s at worst, even in the 40s they're having issues. Going to get a **** of a lot colder...
I noticed one was a flickering after a while. I contacted daytimebrightlites and they sent me a new pair a couple of days later. They have the best customer service. And no more flickering.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks guys, I will check them again. At least the puddle lights are working great, don't ever want to touch those again lol.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts