Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got back from a road trip Toronto-Chicago. 1000 mile round trip. Got say really enjoyed the car.
One of many highlights was that the traffic reappeared on the Nav the day we left. Although not generally a big deal for me it was handy on Sunday on our return. Chicago triathalon was on and the road closures were actually showing and the nav was able to take me around them to get to the I94 and out of the city.
Mileage was interesting. At 70mph on relatively flat roads i averaged around 31mpg. At 75 averaged just under 29 and at 90 around the 24 mark. I was totally amazed as my daily commute on mixed roads is less than 19.
Handling was really good. Ill admit i left it in normal mode. Didnt feel any benefit with sport mode. If anything a little more rubber would have been nice where the roads were a bit rough but not overly complaining.
The biggest plus was the ACC. This is now a must have for any future vehicle. Best invention ever. I was able to dial in desired speed and not have to touch brake, throttle or resume CC at all. Godsend on being able to stretch and relax on the trip. Only draw back was when i was in the heavier traffic and had it turned off to remember to lift off or break for cars in front -lol.
Overall the drive was smooth and quiet. Very little wind or tire noise, even at the higher cruising speeds. The torque of the car is great for overtaking (going from 80 to 100 is fast and effortless without harsh downshift or over revving).
Along the way saw a few fusions but no sports.
All in all loved visiting Chicago. Was a wonderful city with plenty to see and do. Enjoyed the restuarants and the service we got was fantastic -a level above what i get in Toronto eateries.
The car ran flawlessly and passed the ultimate test - wife was happy and comfortable on the long stints.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Glad you liked Chicago. It gets a bad rap because of all of the gang violence in select very confined neighborhoods. Truth is 90% of the city is very nice and very clean.

·
Registered
624 Posts
And I hope you weren't scared driving through my neck of the woods (Detroit metro area). I don't think anybody gets a worse rap than Detroit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts