Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bent right front strut. Dealer says they are on back order until mid April. I have gotten some tips on where I could possibly buy but not sure what exactly to buy? Like if anyone knows exact part numbers, that would help!!!
Thank you!!!

·
Registered
580 Posts
I have a bent right front strut. Dealer says they are on back order until mid April. I have gotten some tips on where I could possibly buy but not sure what exactly to buy? Like if anyone knows exact part numbers, that would help!!!
Thank you!!!
Hi Jenny. If no one can give you the answer here, you can call or stop by the Parts Department of any Ford Dealership (or even Lincoln Dealership) and ask them for the part number, pricing etc. Have your VIN number handy.

And keep in mind that pricing is determined by individual Dealerships and sellers. So shop around and don't be afraid to ask them to offer you a better price.

EDIT- How did you determine you have a "bent right front strut"? Are you sure there is no other suspension damage?

Good luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jenny. If no one can give you the answer here, you can call or stop by the Parts Department of any Ford Dealership (or even Lincoln Dealership) and ask them for the part number, pricing etc. Have your VIN number handy.

And keep in mind that pricing is determined by individual Dealerships and sellers. So shop around and don't be afraid to ask them to offer you a better price.

Good luck.
Thanks! They also did an alignment even though I need new tires and a strut. I am not happy.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hi Jenny. I edited my previous reply as you were answering, so our replies crossed in the mail.

How did you determine you have a "bent right front strut"? Are you sure there is no other suspension damage?

And why did they perform an alignment before a new strut was installed? You will now need another alignment performed once the new strut is installed.

Good luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Jenny. I edited my previous reply as you were answering, so our replies crossed in the mail.

How did you determine you have a "bent right front strut"? Are you sure there is no other suspension damage?

And why did they perform an alignment before a new strut was installed? You will now need another alignment performed once the new strut is installed.

Good luck.
I hit a pothole and the car was pulling to the right. Kind of like it was on ice. So I made an appointment for an alignment but said I am not sure what is wrong. It could be the control arm or maybe a tire. They called me and said I had a bent strut but had to order the part. I also need tires. They tried an aftermarket but it did not fit. I have the special strut that is on back order for a month so today she said I could pick up the car and when the strut comes in I can make an appt. they still did the alignment and charged me, even though it says on the receipt it was to be done if I got new tires and new suspension. Makes no sense. A car with pothole detection and this happens.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I hit a pothole and the car was pulling to the right. Kind of like it was on ice. So I made an appointment for an alignment but said I am not sure what is wrong. It could be the control arm or maybe a tire. They called me and said I had a bent strut but had to order the part. I also need tires. They tried an aftermarket but it did not fit. I have the special strut that is on back order for a month so today she said I could pick up the car and when the strut comes in I can make an appt. they still did the alignment and charged me, even though it says on the receipt it was to be done if I got new tires and new suspension. Makes no sense. A car with pothole detection and this happens.
Hi Jenny. Then the Dealership should provide a free alignment when you finally have the strut installed.

Concerning "pothole detection" (mitigation): It is not a miracle feature and there are limitations to what it can mitigate. Unfortunately, you hit a pothole that was too deep/wide at too high a speed for the feature to completely avoid damage. The thing we have to remember is without pothole mitigation, you likely may have suffered more damage. Perhaps more severe suspension damage, a bent wheel etc. etc.

This is not your fault, but it happens. I just had a bent 19" wheel repaired on my sisters car from a huge pothole that destroyed her tire and bent her wheel. Unfortunately, it can happen.

Insist that they do not charge you to redo the alignment when you have the new strut installed.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Jenny. Then the Dealership should provide a free alignment when you finally have the strut installed.

Concerning "pothole detection" (mitigation): It is not a miracle feature and there are limitations to what it can mitigate. Unfortunately, you hit a pothole that was to deep/wide at too high a speed for the feature to completely avoid damage. The thing we have to remember is without pothole mitigation, you likely may have suffered more damage. Perhaps more severe suspension damage, a bent wheel etc. etc.

This is not your fault, but it happens. I just had a bent 19" wheel repaired on my sisters car from a huge pothole that destroyed her tire and bent her wheel. Unfortunately, it can happen.

Insist that they do not charge you to redo the alignment when you have the new strut installed.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.
Thank you for the good feedback. Much appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts