Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow Fusion Friends,

I am not sure if anybody else is having this issue but with the radio off you can hear a rattle sound over bumps sounds like in the suspension. The sound i hear is almost the same sound as when you run over a pop can in the road. It does it all the time for me but when I take it to the deal they say they dont hear anything. I have searched for it myself but I can not find anything. It would be nice to hear from sombody who might be having the same problem.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I've had a rattling for a couple of months. I found that several of the retainer nuts for the front wheel well liners were missing/loose. I replaced them and a lot of the noise has gone but I'm still getting some. Mostly low speed up to 40 MPH and then it's mostly gone.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update on my rattle noise and chirp noise. I had video of the rattle noise and let the mechanic listen to it. We took a test drive and all it did at that time was the chirp noise. The Ford shop had it for 10 days and said it was a motor mount. They said it was fixed. Same day i took it home chirp and rattle was still there. I took it back this past Monday and was able to get the tick noise to happen with the mechanic in the car. They used a set of Chassis Ears and said its actually my right rear shock. Part is supposed to come in today. But my hopes are low that it will fix this. I also had the dealer damage my wheel back on May and trying to get them to replace it. You can see 4 or 5 chips near the lug nut like a swirl and you can tell that happened from the impact gun. I guess if they refuse to fix it I will have to contact Ford.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I wonder if that my issue.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have a similar annoying rattle/squeak. I need to get it in to the dealer to be looked at, but just haven't had the time and can't be without the car for multiple days.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another update after the rear shock was replaced on the my car. That fixed nothing. So I decided to take the inner fender off to see if that was making the noise. I am glad I did because the dealer rotated my tires and the right front lugnuts nuts were barely tight. I am leaving for vacation next week and the wheel could have come off. Anyways rattle was louder with inner fender off still can't figure it out. The dealer said they are going to call a Ford engineer to come see what they can find.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Going back to the clicking rattling noise. My car still does it but I think its getting worse. But, the weird thing is it will only rattle when it's above 60 degrees outside. Now if that isn't weird I don't know what is.

·
Registered
320 Posts
You check the front sway bar mounts? The dealer left mine loose after replacing the oil pan and it was most noticeable when going over uneven pavement and off angle approaches. It caused clunking and squeaking sounds.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Can anyone check to see if they have this? seems to be a bracket of some sort without a nut holding it down. It's between the battery and engine runs along the firewall. It's maybe some sort of transmission gear selector or actuator I'm not sure. I have a weird metallic squeak and metallic rattling over bumps. When wiggled this may be the same sounding I'm hearing I hope! fingers crossed. Had to take the battery out to dig around more.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts