Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok what’s up with this phenomenon? Went to dinner with two of my daughters their mom and one boyfriend. A civic type r hatchback is taunting me at a light. So I take the bait and walk him hit the brakes at about 60 to get to the speed limit. I see his headlights coming up fast and my daughters boyfriend yells it’s a ricer fly by hit the gas. I said nope everyone hands out the window thumbs down. Zoom he goes by. Next light tell them to point and laugh and the guy decides to to turn right instead of take it lol.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ok what’s up with this phenomenon? Went to dinner with two of my daughters their mom and one boyfriend. A civic type r hatchback is taunting me at a light. So I take the bait and walk him hit the brakes at about 60 to get to the speed limit. I see his headlights coming up fast and my daughters boyfriend yells it’s a ricer fly by hit the gas. I said nope everyone hands out the window thumbs down. Zoom he goes by. Next light tell them to point and laugh and the guy decides to to turn right instead of take it lol.
Nice kill. Civics are like a box of chocolates - never know what you're going to get haha.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I wouldnt say I had a similar thing. But just the other day, a Maserati Ghibili Q4, the upper trim one I belive. After some research it was a 4.8 0-60 and a 13.4 1/4. He had his music boomin, sunglasses on and windows down. He was about a car length over the white line, so I was like you know what, I havent embarrased anyone yet. Green comes, I give it a nice roll and hammer it, you can hear is exhaust screaming, but sure enough Im still pulling on him all the way to the next light. Makes you feel good, sometimes.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you lost you lost lol. Why embarrass yourself after you see your opponent’s brake lights go on? Just proved your car is as fast as mine slowing down. I thought the octopus of arms giving a thumbs down was a nice way to say I beat you with a full load of passengers lol.

·
Registered
552 Posts
With a car full. Impressive.

I almost peed myself reading this.

Good job Wallebalr!!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Ricer fly bys arent anything new. Theyve been around for a long time.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Also, a ricer flyby is more along the lines of you didn't know were racing the other guy, but he was racing, and "smokes" you and hits the 4 ways after he's past you (to indicate the win)

This sounds more like you both knew you were racing, but since the "end" wasn't determined, you stopped but he kept going, LOL

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kinda slowed down at 85 in a 45 and he was way back there lol. His tires screaming kinda gave it away as well.

·
Registered
120 Posts
love the story! I have had several of these. The Fusion sport just rips so hard out of the hole shot. Not many people expect this so it is nice to pull hard on cars that think they will smoke you! lol!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hate to change the exhaust because it’s so sleeper. Preload to 2300 rpm and your under 13 seconds but quiet as a church mouse lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts