Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Not sure if you are aware or not but there's a thread on here dedicated to exhaust sound. You might find your answer here.

Did you see Shawnski's there? I just did a quick look through and didn't find one.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Shawnski, do you have any sound clips? The setup sounds interesting. I'm not looking to touch the exhaust at all. Maybe when I was a few decades younger I'd do it, but now I don't want my vehicle to attract any attention.
I have one sound clip from before I added the Moroso Spiral Flows but it’s just at idle. I never did another after. I’ll do my best to get that done this weekend and post it up. I can say that when I had OEM exhaust, people at the track would say “is that noise coming from that Ford?” when I made a pass. It was a high pitched sound like a central vacuum system power head! How do I attach a video?

Reactions: metroplex

·
Registered
559 Posts
This is why I don’t tune my own car...I can’t even figure out how to attach a video! Any help is appreciated!!

·
Registered
563 Posts
I did replace the resonator with the Magnaflow 11385 and the water tank with two Magnaflow 11365. This is 2.25 inches all the way through. I can tell you that I have no drone and my performance is just fine. It has been pointed out in several other posts here, that our stock turbos do not tax out exhaust system.

·
Registered
482 Posts
How good does that 11385 fit up under the car though, I tried a Flowmaster on my 13, but it was too wide. Though I think it was closer to 10 wide and not 9 like the 11385 is. what I,m gonna do is buy a 304 2.5 SS kit, and a pair of Magna flows for the back, and maybe a 11386 for the front like you did, or a Magna flow X pipe. I can get a 2.5 SS kit for 250ish, and mufflers are another 100 bucks a pop. I,m gonna weld some of it and band clamp the rest. build it in a couple assemblies, make it easier to put together.

·
Registered
559 Posts
If I would do anything over again, it would be to reorient the mufflers from longitudinally to transversely. I had exactly one choice of muffler, in stainless and of the noise reduction I wanted, that was short enough fit in the space between the rear suspension and bumper. Even then they had to cut off the inlet and attach the exhaust to the muffler closer to the chamber. I don’t know why it never occurred to me, or the very experienced fabricator, or the shop owner! We must have stood there scratching our heads and test-fitting, and poring over the catalogs for an hour trying to get something to fit. I guess we just got target hypnosis.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Could be done, go into them at the center from the back with a 90* out the ends with another 90* into the tips. Problem I see is width, unless one can make those 90*'s really short in and out of the mufflers. Also have to be a short muffler body wise, a couple 14 inchers would work I bet. What would be awesome is if we could find a performance muffler in SS that has a dual inlet at he center and dual outlets at the ends like the stock trash can they have on them.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
I just dropped the exhaust to look inside of the resonator and it is straight thru design so I decided to take a quick drive with open downpipes what a mistake the vibration was nasty and low end torque was very soft and super loud lol, for me I will keep the resonator

·
Registered
563 Posts
Here is what min looks like. The 11385 slid right in with no issues.
20200523_120406.jpg

Reactions: Skipe

·
Registered
482 Posts
Here is what min looks like. The 11385 slid right in with no issues.
View attachment 27519
That looks nice, I know there's a lot of room back there. I was ether going like this or have them at an angle like the next guy commented. All I have to do is start buying stuff for the build, and throw a roll of stainless wire on the welder at work. :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
X pipes are extremely needed if you're actually making power.
That all depends on the application, and most of us on here are making plenty of power. :)

21 - 35 of 35 Posts