Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
2017 Ford Fusion sport 2.7L
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty guys I'm not doing it yet but I am going to replace my stock 2.7 turbos this fall or winter and I need help. First question I had has anyone done this without pulling the engine? The back turbo looks like it would be a real pain without pulling the engine but I would prefer not to. If you can do it without pulling the engine tips and tricks would be much appreciated.

Alrighty and then my only other question is for the people who have swapped turbo did you run into anything you wouldn't think of or didn't that would be good to know before doing it. I have mechanics to help and a good list of all the parts and gaskets and I think everything. I just wanted to double check so I can plan ahead I want to try to take a few days off work and do the whole process over a long weekend so everything going right would be nice. Before I get everyone saying HPFP, downpipes, intercooler, and all the other upgrades I already plan on those and am going to do it when I swap I'm mainly looking for just information related to swapping the turbos.

Thanks everyone in advance and if anyone plans on selling Turbos, intercooler, HPFP, downpipes, and a throttle body in good condition come the fall keep me in mind 馃ぃ

Premium Member
1) plan for the job to take 2 days to complete get the o-rings and gaskets studs and nuts from ford with 2 gallons of coolant and if possible have access to a lift makes it so much easier ..drive shaft bolts are 1 time use so you should replace those as well , it is not that bad just take your time be sure to torque the bolts correctly , when you are ready send me a DM and I will do my best to help you

Registered
1) plan for the job to take 2 days to complete get the o-rings and gaskets studs and nuts from ford with 2 gallons of coolant and if possible have access to a lift makes it so much easier ..drive shaft bolts are 1 time use so you should replace those as well , it is not that bad just take your time be sure to torque the bolts correctly , when you are ready send me a DM and I will do my best to help you
Why are driveshaft bolts one-time use?

Are these the torx-45 ones? or are these different?

Premium Member
ford service manual says the torx-45 bolts are one time use on the drive shaft , I think that is silly and put blue thread locker on it and reused them when I did the turbos , now that I finished the downpipes I will get new bolts for the drive shaft , it is fun driving around in 2WD

Registered
I couldn't figure out how to fully disconnect it, like i got them unbolted and was able to move the shaft over 1-2 inches, but thats as far as i could get.

Premium Member
it is semi pressed in , I used a small pry bar 20210524_102743_resized.jpg rear dp.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts