Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Shadow Black Ford Fusion Sport
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Looking to get some opinions, bought my car used, front bumper has already been repainted, has 6 holes in it from front license plate (yes I know.... 6...), and seems to have some alignment issues. There are other things on the car that will need to be repainted, somehow the Gas Cap Door is scratched, I got a 2019 shark fin antenna, etc... so I plan to get everything repainted at once. I will definitely pull the front bumper to look at what happened to the left front but anyhow, looking to get opinions on replacing the front bumper. Should I get one with the sensors and then retrofit the parking assist into my car while I am at it? Is this worth it? Not that I would really use it all the time but looking at adding it since I will be replacing and AFAIK wouldnt require too much extra work. I do not plan to run the active cruise control because I plan to run a CPE FMIC. Would the front parking sensors give me anything more than the parking assist feature? To give some background my 2017 FFS has all the options except for the ACC/Parking assist, whatever comes with the ACC package is the only thing my car is missing. I can post the build sheet later if more information is needed on what options it has.

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
847 Posts
The bumper comes of in under 20 minutes, they dont all fit perfect, but should look good. Not sure how your gonna add sensors since there is no wiring for it in the front, it's not that easy to just add wires for things your car doesn't have, let alone the programing involved.

Reactions: anotherfusion

·
Super Moderator
1,605 Posts
As Skipe said, it's not quite that easy and will absolutely require a bunch of extra work. Sure the bumper will be off, but you'll be adding the wiring (you'd have to make sure the wiring goes all the way back to the PAM/BCM and not just missing from the bumper harness), the expensive sensors themselves, possibly some firmware changes, and definitely AsBuilt changes for the front system.

If you already know you won't be using them much at all, why waste the effort? We had the front sensors on our '16 Escape Titanium, and all they ever did for us was beep and scream when we pulled into the garage. Never again.

Reactions: anotherfusion
1 - 4 of 4 Posts