Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
You shouldn't have that, maybe the drain line is plugged or your parking at an angle that lets the water pool?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I'm still experiencing the weird smell if the AC was on previously. It takes a few minutes to clear out. I have changed my cabin air filter too. Where is the drain line located? I need to check if it's plugged.

·
Registered
19 Ford Fusion Sport
253 Posts
I'm still experiencing the weird smell if the AC was on previously. It takes a few minutes to clear out. I have changed my cabin air filter too. Where is the drain line located? I need to check if it's plugged.
I also get a smell when using the AC after being off for a few months. Doesn't seem that bad. Will pay more attention to it next summer. But one thing to note, the cabin air filter, filters air before it goes into the system. The filter is right after the air intake.

A clean filter not only cleans the air you breath but also protects junk from clogging up the fan and other internals to the HVAC system. Too restrictive air filters can cause excessive wear on the fan motor, and too free flowing air filters will not filter out some larger particles. I don't remember the brand but bought a HEPA filter to replace the stock one after owning the car for a year. I swapped old and new filters a few times to make sure the air was still blowing out of the vents with some force and couldn't tell the difference so kept the new HEPA filter installed.

Reactions: DarkArkAngel

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I used to think a HEPA would be restrictive but I recently learned that a furnace filter with lots of pleats would outflow a cheaper furnace filter. I stepped up to 3M's much higher filtration filter and saw that it had a huge number of additional pleats. As others have found, it actually outflows the cheaper filters. But on a car the cabin filters are generally all made the same so I'd stick with Motorcraft. The ones with charcoal are nice in theory but I never noticed a huge difference.

Whenever I use the A/C, I shut it off about 1 mile from home and then run the blower a bit high to vent out the moisture in the ducts and maybe switch it to full heat to evaporate it all, then shut it off.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts