Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Holy crap that looks complicated as ****. How much stuff do you have to remove to change it???
I looked at a couple of YouTube’s. It’s not a five minute job. Trim has to be removed, etc. Looks like lots of opportunities for dropping screws into the abyss. I’ll be doing it tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Na really easy took me no more then 10 min. There is nothing to drop and if you do it will land on your floor matt. Still no where near as easy as my 2009 fusion. The only thing I would say is to be careful when pulling the glove box assembly out and back in on the left side you come very close to the trim and could scratch.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Done. Probably a 15 minute job for me. Plus 30 minutes looking for one of the white clips that, despite a lot of care, popped off from the side panel during removal, and disappeared. Could have put it back minus one clip, but that would not be right :) It does seems like the air is fresher and more air volume. Only 10K miles on my 2 1/2 year old on my Sport. Pretty dirty tho.

Attachments

·
Registered
498 Posts
Wow - good guess! Yes, that's the one. The initial landing spot was very accessible, but fat fingers pushed it into the top of the wiring harness along the right side. First thought was - Napa Store! Next thought was - OEM-only probably. So a handy mirror and patience, and got r' done.

Reactions: DrunkLahey

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Same one for me I just left it off couse it's gonna happen over and over and next time will fly somewhere I can't find lol! If you do loose any of those little white clips here is part# -W714972-S300

·
Registered
226 Posts
I changed my passenger cabin air filter today, too. First I watched a video,
I used a thin flexible plastic wedge (from the hardware store paint department) to help with removing the right side and front trim pieces (I removed the right side panel trim piece first, contrary to the video, because it gave easier access to remove the front piece from the right, its strong side.), that part of the operation went really easy. Then, removing three of the four 7mm hex head bolts was also easy, but the last little stinker, on the left underside of the glove compartment, was time consuming. When I pulled out the old filter, it was dirty, between @WhiteGhost's and @ColoradoGuy's pictures, and way more dirty than the engine air filter. For the new filter, I used the one linked in @OX1's post. I cannot say how long the job took overall, as I was interrupted a few times, likely net is at least 30 minutes. Doing it again, it'd be a ten minute piece of cake.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
That video makes it look super easy

·
Registered
7 Posts
While I'm sure the K&N makes a fine washable filter, I've been more than satisfied with putting the Fram Fresh Breeze CF11775 in all the Gen2 Fusions I've had.

Its under $15, which is isn't much for something that gets replaced once a year.

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Fusion Sport, 401A, Driver Assistance Package ; 1999 Expedition 5.4 4x4
230 Posts
Just cleaned my K&N after maybe 10K miles. Not too dirty. A Youtube Ford mechanic shows him doing in in 2.5 minutes. Trust me, it will take everyone else longer. :)
I just barely changed mine out. It definitely wasn't changed at the dealership like they said it was when I bought it :rolleyes: regardless, it was pretty gross and black.

Took me about 15 minutes in the dark with my little brother holding a flashlight. Not too bad at all really.

I think I'm also the only one in the thread I've seen to have used a Bosch filter. It was the only one I could find that was HEPA rated and I had to wait a month for stock. So far it's been very good, the big reason I was looking for HEPA is I was tired of smelling diesel fumes from all the decatted trucks I would invariably end up behind in my area. Worked like a charm.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I changed my cabin filter recently, but I found something "interesting". I popped out the glove compartment and two screws immediately fell out. Turns out the screws for securing the cabin filter latch/door were never installed from the factory (I bought my '18 with 16 kilometers on it). There were no marks on the left side that would indicate the screw was previously in place, and the right side doesn't even have the pilot hole drilled.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just did the cabin air filter as well, probably first time, 34k KM. It was quite dirty.

I also was missing both srews that are supposed to hold up the "flaps" of the filter cover

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
My 30 JAN 2017 build used both screws. My Dad's MAY 2017 build didn't use any screws. I noticed the 2018s in the Youtube videos didn't have screws either. It was probably done for cost savings.

·
Registered
19 Ford Fusion Sport
161 Posts
My 19 didn't also didn't have the screws...

21 - 40 of 40 Posts