Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the cabin filter out tonight after owning the car from new since December and it was filthy. I replaced with the K&N cabin filter it is very high quality and fits much tighter then stock also can significantly feel much more air flow even at low fan speed. This should be a great upgrade both for heat and AC air flow, not to mention the ability to clean much more frequently for fresh filtered air.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Thanks for posting that up. Have the PN for it and what did it cost?

EDIT. think I can read it, is it VF2050?

·
Registered
868 Posts
I'm averaging about 9 months on a cabin filter, I bought a few back when rock auto had a close look sale. I guess is time to splurge on a k&n.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
267 Posts
I pulled the cabin filter out tonight after owning the car from new since December and it was filthy. I replaced with the K&N cabin filter it is very high quality and fits much tighter then stock also can significantly feel much more air flow even at low fan speed. This should be a great upgrade both for heat and AC air flow, not to mention the ability to clean much more frequently for fresh filtered air.
Seems crazy your cabin filter would be that dirty in 4 winter months ? Does the dash really need to come off to replace it ?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
K&N give you very detailed instructions if you have not done this. It is very simple probably will clean at the 6 month mark.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Thanks for the lead! Amazon Prime $44 with tax delivered to CO. Just ordered. First time I have replaced the cabin filter in my Fusion. Like the idea of cleanable!

Reactions: PhoenixM3

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had that smell with the stock filter which looks to have charcoal which is what lead me to the K&N. The air is very crisp now and much more flow.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
You shouldn't have that, maybe the drain line is plugged or your parking at an angle that lets the water pool?

Water drains fine and I'm parked on perfectly level ground.
My 15 Fusion did it also, both less than 2 years old, less than 25K miles
and I park under a canopy, so no clogs from leaves or dirt.
It takes about 4 days before it does it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Just the glovebox

I hate the idea of having to remove any parts of my car to replace this filter. Just another rattle waiting to happen after I put it back on. My 13' Fusion you could access it from under the hood. WTF Ford.

Reactions: ColoradoGuy and OX1

·
Registered
626 Posts
I'm using a charcoal filter, removes very little odor that I can tell although I don't run the AC that much to have the musty smell
and when I do I always shut off the AC a mile from my house and let the fan blow air to dry out the system.

I like the fact that the car stays a lot cleaner having the filter.
My 09 MKZ used to get really dusty since I run the HVAC practicality 100% of the time.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I park in garage and car is kept imaculate but those paper filters always get that smell, you will notice the difference when switching to a K&N it's like a sterile environment now LOL 🤣

·
Registered
107 Posts
Holy crap that looks complicated as ****. How much stuff do you have to remove to change it???

·
Registered
163 Posts
I just pulled mine out to see how bad it was. It's 2 1/2 years old and just a little dirty. I'll order a new one from Rock Auto the next time I order oil filters. The car's got almost 40k on it now and the engine filter is still not bad. I must live in a pretty clean environment.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts