Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to have my car waxed at a detailing shop.

Before that, I want to remove the "Fusion", "Sport" and "Ecoboost" emblems from the rear.

Has anyone done this on a 2017 Fusion Sport?

I have seen some videos of other models (Focus) where they use dental floss and a plastic scraper. Will this work on the 2017 Fusion Sport? I am worried I will damage the paint.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I want to have my car waxed at a detailing shop.

Before that, I want to remove the "Fusion", "Sport" and "Ecoboost" emblems from the rear.

Has anyone done this on a 2017 Fusion Sport?

I have seen some videos of other models (Focus) where they use dental floss and a plastic scraper. Will this work on the 2017 Fusion Sport? I am worried I will damage the paint.
There are a few threads, search "debadge" but yes, dental floss, some form of adhesive remover and some time and you will be alright, just be careful.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I did mine with fishing line and a little goo gone, WD-40 will work as well. I recommend against using any type of scraping tool or heat.

Since I might have to replace them when turning it in, I put some painters tape over them and then ran the fishing line behind them slowly and carefully until they were loose. Use a rag or gloves to protect your fingers. Then a little goo gone/wd-40 on a rag over the area to remove the leftover tape. I used my finger at first and worked up a nice little blister...:|

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I haven't decided if Im going to remove the badges yet

·
Registered
278 Posts
Used hair dryer to warm up emblems to the touch, slid dental floss
underneath to remove and then goo-gone to take off excess
adhesive.

Just take your time and go easy...

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Does anybody have pictures of a black fusion sport de-badged?

I was thinking I should do it, but I would love to see how it looks first.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
You'll have a lot of the foam adhesive tape left behind and what worked best for me was soaking a rag with goo gone and letting sit on the adhesive.
Also, use your finger to rub it off over a scrapper.

·
Registered
875 Posts
My 2017 Burgundy Velvet Sport. Used unwaxed dental floss and Goo-Gone then thorough wash and apply good wax. Never left a mark. Done this on several vehicles and IMO heating prior makes it messier.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I completed this yesterday and to be honest it took longer than I anticipated. I used a heatgun, floss, tar and bug remover then applied a coat of wax. I think it makes the car look better and was worth the effort.

·
Banned
3 Posts
Oh, this thread is ancient, still hope it helps, better take it to a mechanic, it'll cost you way less than if you damage the paint.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Oh, this thread is ancient, still hope it helps, better take it to a mechanic, it'll cost you way less than if you damage the paint.
Respectful to your opinion, I disagree. Not necessary to pay someone else to do it. But it’s a personal choice.
The dental floss never really touches the paint, leaves a layer of adhesive foam behind that has to be removed with some kind of chemical adhesive remover. I’ve done it many times on my cars and helped friends and relatives, never had a problem.

·
Banned
3 Posts
I agree that it's simple and not challenging at all to do but imagine doing it on a Ferrari, I bet your hands will tremble a little :).

·
Registered
875 Posts
Well, if I had a Ferrari I would have my butler do it! Haha!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Instead of taking it to a mechanic, take it to a detailer or paint shop, they do this all the time.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
I work for a body shop and we use plastic trim tool to remove the emblem and with a little heat and adhesive remover just kind of pick away at it

1 - 20 of 24 Posts