Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I knew my car had it (bought in September for reference), but just today I figured out how to use it.

The range on it is pretty good too. Summer isn't really here yet in San Diego, so I changed the A/C settings to last setting instead of AUTO.

But its kinda neat, walking out of Best Buy today I started it from like 4 or 5 car lengths away (walking towards it diagonally) and someone nearby did a double take (since they knew no one was in it), I found it funny.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I use it every day
Only hiccup I've had was one morning it was mid 70 degrees or so in the
garage, when I got in the seat heater was on. Display showed 72 I think, anyway it was warm enough the seat heaters should not have been on.
I know below 70 degrees the heaters turn on and above the AC/seat cooler turns on.
A bit uncomfortable.
I did turn off the HVAC, just don't need it when it's hot, usually have my windshield shade in and windows cracked.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I love the remote start feature. I actually don't have it set to last setting, but it's on Auto.

I also figured out how to roll down all Windows about an inch with the remote, and it opens the sunroof too.

If you hit the unlock button once, let go, hold it again for about 5 seconds, it will initiate a full window rolldown, but you can stop it from rolling down. If it goes down too much, hold the lock button down for about 5 seconds or so to initiate a roll up, and hit it again to stop.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I love the remote start feature. I actually don't have it set to last setting, but it's on Auto.

I also figured out how to roll down all Windows about an inch with the remote, and it opens the sunroof too.

If you hit the unlock button once, let go, hold it again for about 5 seconds, it will initiate ga full window rolldown, but you can stop it from rolling down. If it goes down too much, hold the lock button down for about 5 seconds or so to initiate a roll up, and hit it again to stop.
Great tip. I have used this to close the moonroof ( always forgetting). Had played with the full open and close early on but didnt know you could stop halfway. Thanks for sharing.

With clear line of sight ive locked the doors from 100 yards away (memory fade again).

·
Super Moderator
1,603 Posts
Did you notice that the key will light up red or green if it started or not as well? That's my favorite little feature, as my garage is separate from my house so if I remote start I can't hear the car.

If you pull the battery cable (like back when we were all having the dead battery issues), just don't use remote start until you use the ignition button once. The radiator fan will be set to high and the car will tell you it is overheating, lol.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Did you notice that the key will light up red or green if it started or not as well? That's my favorite little feature, as my garage is separate from my house so if I remote start I can't hear the car.

If you pull the battery cable (like back when we were all having the dead battery issues), just don't use remote start until you use the ignition button once. The radiator fan will be set to high and the car will tell you it is overheating, lol.
Interesting... I didn't know the remote was considered a 2-way. I have to try this out today!! Thank you!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've been using it the last few days because it's been in the low mid 90's for the past week. The range is impressive. I can go to the 4th floor window at work and aim in my car's general direction and it starts my car which is parked all the way at the bottom of a 5 level parking garage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts