Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've determined that the remote start in my Sport doesn't activate the rear defroster automatically. I have the climate control settings in the remote start menu set to auto, but the rear defroster never activates Oddly, the hybrid model seems to have a dedicated setting for rear defroster in the remote start settings, as seen in this video:

Has anyone else noticed this quirk?

·
Registered
320 Posts
If I remote start using the FOB or the cellular connection the read defrost and front seat heater comes on, though not the steering wheel heater. I really wish we had a proper menu system to set preferences.
I don't have the same menus as seen in the above menu.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
mines all on auto so i have no issues.. works great, i even think the butt warmer turns on.

Reactions: qwerty3089

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I have mine on all auto, it all turns on. Rear Defrost and seats.
Well, I'm glad to hear it seems to work for at least one Sport owner. My seats come on, but I have yet to see my rear defroster turn on automatically. Maybe it just hasn't gotten cold enough here yet. It's been a weird winter here in New England so far this year.

·
Registered
246 Posts
mine is on auto and it all turns on. maybe its just a temperature thing

·
Registered
37 Posts
Is there anyway to adjust the temperature it will turn on at? During the test drive I tried exploring the menus but I didn't see any specific temperature settings

·
Registered
230 Posts
The temperatures are preset. I know last week when it was 25 deg out my seats were on, the heated steering wheel was on and the rear window was defrosting.
What we don't know what is defined as "Hot, Moderate, and Cold" weather. I did read in the F-150 that "Cold is below 35 deg".
I believe the temp is based on the cabin temp. Yesterday it was 45 out and I remote started from my office. When I got to the car the A/C as on. The sun has warmed up the cabin quite a bit.
We could start a chart noting the outside temp and what is turned on. But because the indicators are 'off' we don't know at what level of heat/cool they are set to. Steering wheel and rear defrost are easier to tell.
-Lee

Auto setting for remote start:
In hot weather, the system is set to 72°F
(22°C). The cooled seats are set to high
(if available, and selected to AUTO in the
information display).

In moderate weather, the system either
heats or cools (based on previous
settings). The rear defroster, heated
mirrors and heated seats do not
automatically turn on.

In cold weather, the system is set to 72°F
(22°C). The heated seats are set to high
(if available, and selected to AUTO in the
information display). The rear defroster
and heated mirrors automatically turn on.

·
Registered
100 Posts
When it's cold out, my front seats, (driver & passenger) begin to warm, steering wheel, side mirrors, front defrosters, and rear defrosters. All working normal. I have my Climate settings on the option other than Auto....i think it says last setting. When it's on Auto, it's blowing hot, or cold, air straight at you and it's annoying upon entering the car. I prefer it works just how it does when i'm driving, only blowing hard when necessary.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
My side mirrors and (i think) rear defroster do not turn on until I turn them on.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yep!! all of mine also come on (defroster,outside mirrors, seats and heat) with it set to auto!!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Yesterday I had an issue with my side mirror fogging up. Was rainy and in the 40's so I didn't expect the defrost setting would turn on automatically. Does anyone know if the side mirror defroster can be turned on manually? If I manually turn on the rear defroster do they turn on?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yesterday I had an issue with my side mirror fogging up. Was rainy and in the 40's so I didn't expect the defrost setting would turn on automatically. Does anyone know if the side mirror defroster can be turned on manually? If I manually turn on the rear defroster do they turn on?
Turn on the rear defrost. That will turn on the mirrors. However, the mirrors take a long time to work depending on the conditions.
-Lee

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My side mirrors and (i think) rear defroster do not turn on until I turn them on.
Well sadly, it seems like I'm not the only one then with issues with the rear defroster. It's 28 degrees here now and a light snow has JUST started to fall. I'm going to start my car and see if the rear window clears up within 5-7 mins.

Oddly, my heated seats and the heated steering wheel turn on as necessary, but I've never yet seen the rear defroster activate automatically from a remote start.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well sadly, it seems like I'm not the only one then with issues with the rear defroster. It's 28 degrees here now and a light snow has JUST started to fall. I'm going to start my car and see if the rear window clears up within 5-7 mins.

Oddly, my heated seats and the heated steering wheel turn on as necessary, but I've never yet seen the rear defroster activate automatically from a remote start.
Well, as luck would have it, after letting my car run for about 5 mins, sure enough the rear defroster turned on with my remote start. I'm wondering if maybe it simply wasn't cold enough the last few times I tried it and it seemed the defroster HADN'T turned on.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts