Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I should go to the dealer w/this prob but there are so many knowledgeable people on this Forum, I thought I'd try here first.
I changed the key fob battery...nothing. Went into the setting on the steering wheel & checked them... everything looked fine except when I toggled to "Remote Start " it didn't give me a choice to enable or disable (there wasn't a check box like all the other sections). when I hit "OK" on the steering wheel, the screen defaults to climate & seats (to input their preferences for remote start).
I even had to resort to consulting the owner's manual.
Interestingly enough, the remote ceased working AFTER I got the car back from the Quick Lane oil change facility. I'm wondering if they inadvertently reset something while resetting the oil change reading.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
thank you

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport 2.7L TT AWD
781 Posts
Before going to the dealership, check for codes. Either with your own reader or stop by your local auto parts store and have them check for codes. If no codes, do a hard reset. Disconnect the positive lead from the battery for about an hour, reconnect. Check to see if the remote start is back or see if you can access it from the steering wheel controls. If none of that works, then to the dealer you go.

If you end up going to the auto parts store, while they are checking for codes, have them check your battery, too. Just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I know I should go to the dealer w/this prob but there are so many knowledgeable people on this Forum, I thought I'd try here first.
I changed the key fob battery...nothing. Went into the setting on the steering wheel & checked them... everything looked fine except when I toggled to "Remote Start " it didn't give me a choice to enable or disable (there wasn't a check box like all the other sections). when I hit "OK" on the steering wheel, the screen defaults to climate & seats (to input their preferences for remote start).
I even had to resort to consulting the owner's manual.
Interestingly enough, the remote ceased working AFTER I got the car back from the Quick Lane oil change facility. I'm wondering if they inadvertently reset something while resetting the oil change reading.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
thank you
Hi BlueFuze. Is your Fusion still within the 3 year/36,000 mile New Vehicle Warranty? Do you have your second remote fob? If yes, have you tried it?

Also, how long ago was the Quick Lane visit? Did you notify the Service Department of this issue as soon as you noticed it?

If no suggestions from here work, I would strongly advise making a service appointment so the issue can be properly diagnosed and corrected.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you for the two tips. I knew I'd be better off starting here. Thanks again...

·
Registered
2019 > 2018 > 2017 :)
286 Posts
What about FordPass? Can you remote start from there?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Clear your codes, Likely something wasn't put back on right after the oil change. I get catalytic converter efficiency codes all the time because they don't exist on my car. I just clear them every time they appear otherwise check engine light stays on, and I cannot remote start.

It's something to do as a safety feature for the car, so it doesn't get messed up while you're away from it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Clear your codes, Likely something wasn't put back on right after the oil change. I get catalytic converter efficiency codes all the time because they don't exist on my car. I just clear them every time they appear otherwise check engine light stays on, and I cannot remote start.

It's something to do as a safety feature for the car, so it doesn't get messed up while you're away from it.
You're spot on. that's what they told me at the dealer when I dropped it off. Thank you.,

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Thank you. I never connected the car w/Ford Pass....I should've though...it's at the dealer now.
The dealer gets dinged if you don't connect the car with Fordpass, or so I was told when I bought my FFS. There's some sort of program where they get hit if you don't do that, supposedly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts