Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to give Ford some props for the remote start system on the Fusion Sport. Sure, lots of cars have this now, but as it's getting cold up here in Maine, I'm appreciating getting into a warm car in the morning. They were also smart enough to have the remote start activate the heated seats and heated steering wheel. I didn't think much of the heated steering wheel as an option at first, but I'm loving it now. Well done Ford!

·
Registered
189 Posts
"They were also smart enough to have the remote start activate the heated seats and heated steering wheel".

How does it know to turn on either or both items? I ask because I did notice if one leaves the heated seats on when turning off the car, the heated seats do not come on when you start the car again later on. I did not test this with remote start nor if leaving the heated steering wheel on works once the car is started again.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I think I saw the answer in another thread. it seems to work when one starts the car remotely vs. getting in the car and the car remembering if you had left on heated seats and\or heated steering wheel.

What I have to look for is the settings for this in the left LCD screen.

I am learning new things about this car every day!

Thanks to this forum.

·
Registered
161 Posts
There must be a temp sensor somewhere that turns the heated seats, heat, or A/C on at a certain temp. I have got in the car during a remote start and the A/C was automatically on when it was warm but now that it's cooler, the autostart performs how you described; it turns on the heated goodies.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I think it is temperature based, so you can also cool off your car with a remote start in the summer. I did notice that once you get into the car and press the start button so you can drive, both the heated seats and heated steering wheel turn off; perhaps there's a setting somewhere to have them stay on but I have not seen that yet.

Another plus: Both the heated seats and steering wheel get seriously toasty. I have had heated seats in the past that barely got warm even on this highest setting, but these will bake your backside nicely. Sore back? Turn on the heated seats, crank up the lumbar support, drive for 20 minutes and you're all better.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
You need to go into your menu and set the temperature settings and heated seats, etc. to auto. Its either auto, or last setting. Last setting will be whatever it is set at upon turning off your car. Auto will be based off of outside temperature. If its below a certain temp, it will turn on heat, if its above a certain temp it will cool.

·
Registered
189 Posts
TYVM for the detailed description.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts