Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know the little 1" x 6" ish reflectors that are inset in the black part of our rear bumpers? I'm dying to take them out and paint them gloss black to match but trying to figure out how to get them out without breaking them. They seem awful fragile. Anyone with a past Fusion have any experience? Pretty sure our LED tails are reflective enough...

Just trying to clean up the rear end a bit.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I don't defeat anything safety related on my vehicles (that goes double for my motorcycle), and stats say that 28% of crashes are rear-end collisions. It's also the reason I have autonomous braking on my car (though I'm not sure how to realistically test it). Unless you're in a war zone, your car is by far the most dangerous place you'll find yourself this week. Just my two cents...

·
Registered
246 Posts
this will be one of my first "mods" when I get mine. I hate the way they look. My recommendation is to just mask them really well and paint them while they're on the car. They're pretty low and pretty small so it shouldn't be too hard not to overspray.

I'm personally going to do it with a couple coats of nightshades and clear over it so they still retain a little functionality, with a similar look to just a glossy black paint.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Plasti dip has a smoke dip. Give it a try

·
Registered
430 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Curious to see what they look like on the car and lit up at night!
I ordered. Haven't decided how I will wire yet.
Either will set up with brake light or with fogs.. .european style.

Will post pics if somebody has not already.

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
430 Posts
From what I've seen, having tinted the '15 and '17 I know they are the same reflector and fascia applique. Wiring may be a different story. IDK But they should work for all 13+ I've seen parts that "Don't fit '17's or Sports" but they do. It's just that nobody tried them yet. The vendor wouldn't know unless he tried them. And most wait for someone else to try them.
Thank you, Dave.

I physically compared the 2016 and 2017 at the dealer.
They appear to be exactly the same.

These factory reflectors come unlit/unwired so the new unit's led wiring would have to be soldered in to the existing
tail light(brake) wiring harness or possibly up to the fog light switch if I go that route.

I'm actually excited about this little mod.

This is the kind of day I look forward too most.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts