Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, side story, been stalking this forum for a year since I got my FFS and just realized (when trying to comment) I never made an account. Anyways, is there a way to get in on this harness buying?

·
Registered
927 Posts
Finally received the sequential reflector signals…not happy. They shipped in a light cardboard box stuffed in a plastic envelope. Box was crushed on one end and one lens was scratched all over right through the Protex, from grinding against the back of the other lens. I’m trying to get them replaced through Amazon now, but there was some kind of glitch and website said try again later.
Packing materials Rectangle Wood Shipping box Packaging and labeling
Tire Finger Bicycle part Thumb Human leg
Automotive tire Bumper Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior
Hood Automotive tire Bumper Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
'17 Magnetic; Unleashed Tune, FMIC
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Damn, sorry they got scuffed up. Can you polish out the plastic? I know its frustrating...just an idea for quick fix?

·
Registered
927 Posts
Yes, I probably could. I wasn’t going to do the install for a while so I thought I’d return/replace them and hope that the replacement isn’t damaged at all or is damaged =/< and I’ll polish it if I have to then. I don’t know, I’m always a bit touchy about situations like this…it really frosts my arse that someone can pack something in this manner and not give a rip. So I feel like making them pay for the replacement as punishment. Kind of juvenile but that’s me.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Man, total bummer. Sorry to hear. What a stupid way to pack electronics. Hopefully Amazon will take care of you. I would do the same, request a replacement. Good luck.

·
Registered
'17 Magnetic; Unleashed Tune, FMIC
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Yes, I probably could. I wasn’t going to do the install for a while so I thought I’d return/replace them and hope that the replacement isn’t damaged at all or is damaged =/< and I’ll polish it if I have to then. I don’t know, I’m always a bit touchy about situations like this…it really frosts my arse that someone can pack something in this manner and not give a rip. So I feel like making them pay for the replacement as punishment. Kind of juvenile but that’s me.
I completely understand, not having a rush on install i'd be right there with ya.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I must admit that Amazon has perhaps the most convenient return policy. I gave the reason for the return, they emailed me a QR code for the return and immediately shipped a replacement. It’s due to arrive next week. I’ve got 30 days to return the original and all I have to do is take it to the local UPS store, show them the code and it’s done. I don’t even have to package it up. This way I’ll have both sets in hand to compare and hopefully get the best two out of the four.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I must admit that Amazon has perhaps the most convenient return policy. I gave the reason for the return, they emailed me a QR code for the return and immediately shipped a replacement. It’s due to arrive next week. I’ve got 30 days to return the original and all I have to do is take it to the local UPS store, show them the code and it’s done. I don’t even have to package it up. This way I’ll have both sets in hand to compare and hopefully get the best two out of the four.
Hi Shawnski. Are you sure you do not need to "package it up"? In my experience with UPS returns (Amazon and otherwise), they must be properly boxed/packaged.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Reactions: DaMiFo

·
Registered
78 Posts
Glad to hear you got a quick resolution. 👍

·
Registered
927 Posts
Hi Shawnski. Are you sure you do not need to "package it up"? In my experience with UPS returns (Amazon and otherwise), they must be properly boxed/packaged.

Well, I wasn’t 100% accurate in that statement; it said on the Amazon returns page that I just need to bring it in its original packaging. It led me to believe that I did not have to pay for any shipping supplies or go to the trouble of boxing it. I’ll double check to be sure though!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Well, I wasn’t 100% accurate in that statement; it said on the Amazon returns page that I just need to bring it in its original packaging. It led me to believe that I did not have to pay for any shipping supplies or go to the trouble of boxing it. I’ll double check to be sure though!
Hi Shawnski. Okay. So then just to save you some possible hassle: Yes, you do have to box or package it for shipment.

The statement that you "just need to bring it in its original packaging" only means that you need to return it in/with any original packaging that an item may have come in.

So as an example: If you purchased a Motorcraft engine air filter, which came in a Motorcraft box, you need to return it with that original Motorcraft packaging.

Or in the case of your lenses, in those cardboard boxes with the stickers on them.

You can not just bring everything in to UPS, hand it to them and be done with it. You need to repackage them for shipping. Either packed in an envelope similar to the one they came in and in a similar manner, or packed in a suitable box. Maybe you have a cardboard shipping box sitting around at home that you can use. Then just stuff it with some newspaper.

Again, just trying to save you some work at the UPS store.

And hey, if I am mistaken and this is some new type of shipping policy...my apologies. :oops:;)

·
Registered
927 Posts
Here’s what I’ve found online tonight. Now, it’s entirely possible that any specific individual UPS Store might have a policy that differs, but the attached screenshot confirms what the Amazon instruction said when I chose the return. My wife does Amazon returns at Kohl’s (which was also an option on the Amazon returns page) and she never packages the items for shipment. So I’ll find out for certain if the UPS Store does or does not within the next couple weeks…stay tuned!
Font Parallel Screenshot Number Electric blue

·
Registered
800 Posts
Hi Shawnski. Perhaps Amazon/UPS have changed their overall return policies. If so, that is great.

I would only mention that if you purchase a Kohl's item through Amazon and return it to a Kohl's store (if that is what you are saying your wife does), then of course you do not need to package/box it. It is that way for all major sellers with brick and mortar stores that will accept returns.

But hey, I hope you are right, so it is easier for you.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Received replacements today. Although shipped in a plastic envelope again, this time the box inside was a bit heavier and the pieces were packed so that they were not stacked on top of each other. Much better condition this time! Now we’ll have to see how it goes returning the first set…

Attachments

·
Registered
927 Posts
Took the damaged goods to UPS Store in the original packaging. Girl scanned the QR code Amazon sent me, gave me a receipt, wished me a nice day. Elapsed time 3 minutes.

Reactions: bbf2530
41 - 56 of 56 Posts