Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So been shopping hard for a leftover and even left a deposit yesterday.

BUT, a lot of these leftover are REALLY leftover.

Case in point.

http://www.windowsticker.forddirect...KCROGJeJXUh2sV/MjUadd4E1eLpyFqkYdWiwKejXWR5M=

http://www.windowsticker.forddirect...KCROGJeJXUh2sV/MjUadd4E1eLpyFqkYdWiwKejXWR5M=

See date on bottom of sticker of 6/1/16. Thats right in the heart of cylinder head issues and/or early battery dying issues.
Even if you don't have those problems, tires and wiper blades been oxidzing for over a year. Tires probably have flat spots,
Paint and interior has a year of sun "wear". Battery has probably been dead a couple times just from normal draw of leaving a car sit that long.

Just a warning to check those cars with super good deals to see how old they really are. I used my best price and got a relatively
local dealer to match. Even with that, my car was built 3/17, so still sitting 4-5 months.

·
Registered
46 Posts
So been shopping hard for a leftover and even left a deposit yesterday.

BUT, a lot of these leftover are REALLY leftover.

Case in point.

See date on bottom of sticker of 6/1/16. Thats right in the heart of cylinder head issues and/or early battery dying issues.
Even if you don't have those problems, tires and wiper blades been oxidzing for over a year. Tires probably have flat spots,
Paint and interior has a year of sun "wear". Battery has probably been dead a couple times just from normal draw of leaving a car sit that long.

Just a warning to check those cars with super good deals to see how old they really are. I used my best price and got a relatively
local dealer to match. Even with that, my car was built 3/17, so still sitting 4-5 months.
I need to check mine since I recently bought it, but with Fords incentive and the dealer's it was a pretty good deal. Almost like buying a used version of it anyways lol

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I need to check mine since I recently bought it, but with Fords incentive and the dealer's it was a pretty good deal. Almost like buying a used version of it anyways lol
I stopped looking for used as the lowest used price on auto trader was still high 20's (nationwide), and thats what I paid new.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm looking at one that has pretty much everything but park assist. Date on window sticker is 3/17

Is that just too old?

MSRP is $41,500 ish. So far they have offered $33,200

Thoughts on that price?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I'm looking at one that has pretty much everything but park assist. Date on window sticker is 3/17

Is that just too old?

MSRP is $41,500 ish. So far they have offered $33,200

Thoughts on that price?
Should be OK, that is the same month I just bought.
My cutoff was Dec 31, 2016.

I personally feel ford should buy back cars from before Nov, 2016
(or at least recall them). But they won't, someone not in the know will
buy every one of them, and many will have issues.

The one I test drove at local dealer, which I had no intention of buying
due to build date, had dead battery that had to be jumped. HAHA!!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Any thoughts on a target price for the vehicle?
I would say, with incentives and dealer discounts, something along the lines of MSRP less 15-20 percent...so one with an MSRP of $40K should be had for around $32K-$34K, probably closer to $34K. 'Course this all varies based on the dealers, where you are, how long the car's been on the dealer's inventory, etc., but that should get you in the ball park.

That should be a "fair" price for the buyer, and give a "fair" profit to the dealer. After all, they're not in the business of selling cars without making a profit. If I feel I got a fair price, I'm good with that.

'Course there will be people who will chime in with deals where they got a $40K car for less than $30K, but I think those are definitely the exceptions...

Reactions: DAC17

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm not totally sold on the vehicle and I don't have any rush, but I'm looking at 17s to see if they can make me a deal that I can't refuse. The current 20% off is pretty good but it hasn't made me pull the trigger. Sense like there are quite a few of these 17 Sports on lots.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I bought one the day of the eclipse.... sticker 39,360... they took little over 10 grand off sticker and did really good on trade.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Local Ford dealer has 3 Sports in stock (fully loaded) for about 3 mo. and currently offering only the employee price plus $1000 delivery discount for a total of $4724 CDN about US$3828. So I think $10K off is a fairly good deal.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Just curious, how many miles were on that car when you bought it? The reason I ask is, the first Sport I drove that was in the color and equipment package I wanted, dealer had it discounted $5000 on top of any Ford incentives, because it had 3000 miles on it. There's no way I'd buy a "new" car with 3K miles on it, so I passed and bought one from a different dealer.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I also found rebates upwards of 2 grand difference
depending upon location. Even jersey to PA was
$500 difference, officially.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Just curious, how many miles were on that car when you bought it? The reason I ask is, the first Sport I drove that was in the color and equipment package I wanted, dealer had it discounted $5000 on top of any Ford incentives, because it had 3000 miles on it. There's no way I'd buy a "new" car with 3K miles on it, so I passed and bought one from a different dealer.

It had 6 miles on it when I test drove it, no idea how far but at least 10 and had 20 when I picked it up. "Managers special", I think they had it since March and apparently I was first test drive. Sales guy said no one wanted white but I like it so ended up a win win for me.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Where I am, NC, had 4500$ in rebates and zero %, if you didn't take the zero % there was another 4500$ to be had. No brainer there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine was 40,115 MSRP, paid $30,000. 2 miles on it, built end of February. My state doesnt have sales tax but I think that number is where you should target. I leveraged the high local inventory and the cars build dates still from 2016 as a reason to get to my number. I think the current incentives end Oct 2nd. Could be more after that or none at all, for the sure thing I'd move on it in the next week if they can hit about $10,000 below MSRP.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Where I am, NC, had 4500$ in rebates and zero %, if you didn't take the zero % there was another 4500$ to be had. No brainer there.
Sucks for me that Ford is really changing up the regional rebates. Got two cars in Va., and they honored rebate difference, even after they found out I was from jersey, but doubt they would if there was a $1650 difference.

·
Registered
230 Posts
That's a good price. I used True Car to get mine for that price. I bet if you go on true car you and input you details you might be able to get it cheaper.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts