Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got my Silver FuSpo due to arrive at the dealership on 12/29. For the record, it's got the 401A, Driver's Assist, Adaptive Cruise and AC Seats...:D

I know it's unusual but I'm coming into the Fusion from a TDI Passat (140HP). I guess the FuSpo is the "Anti-Passat". I am really looking forward to the AWD here in Colorado and of course, 325HP!!! My Passat was a 2013 that I will turn in with 137K miles on it. So, needless to say, I drive a lot of miles. Of all the good things about the Passat (yes, there were many), I probably appreciated the mileage range on it the most of all. It had an 18 gallon tank and I routinely got >750 miles per tank and got more than 800 miles many times. Of course, most of my driving is highway.

Now that many of you guys have cars with several thousand miles on them, what are you seeing in terms of range???

·
Registered
402 Posts
about half that. I almost got up to 400 once, but I was driving like a grandma just to see how many miles I can get on a tank.

Now I'm lucky if I get 350.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
how fast is your highway driving? That will vary how far you can go.

Considering it seems like we have a 16 gallon tank, you can calculate miles out of that, but at cruising at 79 mph, I am at about 22.5 mpg.
Watching the gauge at 70, you can add 1-1.5 mpg or so. If you are cruising around 60 mph, I would guess around 26-27 mpg.

At best I would guess 450 miles per tank if you really babied it, but I don't even think you would get that high. More than likely around the 400 mile mark or less per tank.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I agree with the other guys. 350-400 depending on my mood. The less mileage per tank, the happier I seem to feel.
ok just to clarify, you guys are getting 350-400 MILES? per tank? Wow, if i get 400 kms (250miles) per tank i'm jumping for joy, (with some highway driving).... And no it's not mashed to the floor ALL the time ;)

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
ok just to clarify, you guys are getting 350-400 MILES? per tank? Wow, if i get 400 kms (250miles) per tank i'm jumping for joy, (with some highway driving).... And no it's not mashed to the floor ALL the time ;)
Well, I usually fill up every 300 miles, but I have a 40 mile commute one way, 35 miles of which is on highway cruising between 75-80 mph. When I fill up, I usually have around 1/8-1/4 of a tank left.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Don't buy this car for its fuel economy or its range. They're just plain bad. EPA estimates of 17/26/20 city/highway/combined are pretty close to real world numbers in my experience. I'm showing 19.7MPG average with about 80% city (25-35 MPH)/country (45-55 MPH) driving and 20% highway (60+ MPH) and I usually fill up after about 275 miles when the (woefully inaccurate) fuel gauge is at or just below a quarter. the low fuel level light goes off when you drop below 50 miles of calculated range, not when you hit a certain fuel level.

Also, as far as I have been able to tell the fuel gauge acts in tandem with the calculated range rather than just a true fuel level, which I find incredibly annoying.

I had the chance to observe the fuel gauge and range more carefully this weekend over a 180 mile freeway round trip. As the average MPG started to creep up from my normal 20MPG indicated into the low 20s as I was on the freeway for an extended time, I noticed that the gas gauge went from indicating below half a tank when I started, going up above half a tank at the half way point of my journey. It was UP almost a quarter tank by the indicator lines of the gauge after 90 miles on the freeway. by the time I arrived back home the gas gauge was then indicating that I was back down to the level I had started, with average MPGs now at around 24.

meanwhile the range, which had started at an indicated 167 miles at just below half a tank, was then at 86 when I arrived back home after 180 miles. While this makes perfect sense for the calculated range, since its just based on average MPGs, it makes no sense for the gas guage, which should just be a fuel level indicator. This is what led me to believe it indicates some kind of range-based fuel level...

Reactions: DaMiFo

·
Registered
142 Posts
Honestly, I've stopped thinking about it. It makes my FoST that I came from look like a hybrid. But I love this car so whatever.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I drive a lot of miles both highway and city. Got 10,000 miles now since August best I got was 340 miles. Get like 21-22.5Mpg. I drive like 50% highway and 50% city.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts