Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
FWIW....its a soft limiter as well. When I hit 138 it just wouldnt go any faster, no rev limiter (was only at 4200 rps)....it just wouldnt go any faster and engine wouldnt run any higher.

·
Registered
971 Posts
You can set it where ever you want if you do your own tuning or get with your tuner and tell them to set it where you want it. I have mine at 186, gives me plenty of room.

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
81 Posts
I know you can go slightly above whatever the tune is set for, if you're spraying meth. Pretty sure Torrie sets most of his tunes for 140, but even on a hot summer day i was able to Hoon with a CT6V at 143 for about 10 minutes. Granted he kicked my ***, especially when i ran out of meth... He was still kind enough to give me a thumbs up at my exit.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Stock is usually 138, which works out to about 140 real world. But like @Skipe said, it's adjustable with a tuner. 186 is max. There's more than one limiter as well, there's the main by speed but there are others that limit speed based on outside air temperature, transmission fluid temp, etc.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Kristen and I went up to Dundee ( little town south of Ann Arbor ) yesterday for dinner. Always take 23 which has a 70 mph speed limit, car doesn't like 70. He's not happy unless your doing at least 80, sometimes 90' LOL. When your rolling along at those speeds you can tell there's way more left before it runs out of steam. I think 150 is easy, just a mater if you want to invade that space. I watched a U tube video the other day, guy in a Bugati on the Autoban. Starts off sitting on the birm, takes off and gets to 260 MPH, he's in the far left lane passing people that are nothing but a blip. same way with the bridges. It really gives a good perspective of the speed the car can do from a passenger stand point. Not sure I'd want to be in the car doing 260 MPH, but very cool none the less

·
Registered
432 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that someone did the math based on HP and drag coefficient and the theoretical top speed with a long enough strip of road is just under 170MPH.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
I thought I read somewhere that someone did the math based on HP and drag coefficient and the theoretical top speed with a long enough strip of road is just under 170MPH.
Yep if I remember right it was @LeVeL who figured that out, although I don't remember the exact value. And that was on a totally stock car (except removing the governor) if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
470 Posts
There were a couple of threads on this:

~165mph was the estimate in both threads using different approaches. It's all purely guesswork until someone actually tries it.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts