Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I can get 19 20 pretty easy around town here at 670 alt, but with winter gas, I'm gonna bet that will change. Think I<m on my last tank of 93 anyways for the year, go back to a de tuned 87 oct tune till spring.
Why drop down to 87 octane for winter?
In my area, 87 is all e10, while most premium (I think there's one station with 93 in my area, otherwise most are 91) fuel is non-oxygenated. Yeah, it costs more, but I notice better MPG on my prior Ecoboost vehicles, as well as our current Bronco Sport.

·
Registered
904 Posts
305 a gallon for 87, versus 380 for 93. We have lots of 93 here, I don't need the added power in the winter.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Around here 93 is ~$4.25/gal these days :confused:

That's a difference of like $150 for the whole season.
That might be, but with the cold temps, and @#$% roads. I see no reason to spend the money, just how I roll, and to each his own. Car really runs good on 87 even having to back things off so we don't get a bunch of knock, which is not a problem.

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
For me, the main factor in how much mileage I get is whether or not my wife is in my car. If she's present in the car (or if she's in another car and we're both driving together) my mileage will be a lot higher than if I'm alone in the car. If it's just me driving alone, my mileage goes way, way down.

I think it's some kind of sensor that detects her in the car and increases the mileage or something. I've been meaning to call Ford and ask about it, because I haven't seen it mentioned in the manual.

·
Registered
760 Posts
For me, the main factor in how much mileage I get is whether or not my wife is in my car. If she's present in the car (or if she's in another car and we're both driving together) my mileage will be a lot higher than if I'm alone in the car. If it's just me driving alone, my mileage goes way, way down.

I think it's some kind of sensor that detects her in the car and increases the mileage or something. I've been meaning to call Ford and ask about it, because I haven't seen it mentioned in the manual.
Hi Engineer and Happy Thanksgiving everyone! No need to call Ford. That is the "BWIPS" sensor (Boss Wife In Passenger Seat) . And no, there is no customizable setting in the Driver Information Center or fuse you can pull to bypass the BWIPS. I have looked.

Good luck! ;)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts