Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I leased my '17 FS the dealership swapped my plate to the new car for me while I was signing the paper work. Later I noticed that when I closed the trunk it seemed that license plate wasn't tightened all the way. Last weekend I washed the car and in the process I took the plate off to clean behind it. That's when I noticed 2 holes (maybe 1/4in) near the bottom of where the plate sits. I noticed on my wife's car ('11 Escape) that she had 2 little rubber numbs there... Did everyone else's FS have those 2 holes as well? or did the dealer remove them when putting my plate on?

Right now the metal license place frame I have is resting right on the paint! UGH. Thankfully its a lease, but I wonder if I should call up the dealership and be like WTF?!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I have the rubber nubs that protrude through the bottom two holes of the license plate.

·
Super Moderator
1,523 Posts
Yup, I have the two rubber nubs that fit through the bottom plate holes as well. I'd give them a call - have them look at any other Fusion if they give you crap saying they're not there - and maybe bring up how it's touching/scratching the paint if needed.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I got them also. And when the dealer put on my plates the first day I lost my front one cuz the tec stripped the screws. I also want to say it's good to be back. Was using the enhanced mode for last couple weeks when I got a new phone must of went to default. I thought you guys changed the site. I couldn't figure nothing out. Glad to be back to normal again. Felt like I lost 2 weeks worth of gossip. Lol.

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
346 Posts
When I leased my '17 FS the dealership swapped my plate to the new car for me while I was signing the paper work. Later I noticed that when I closed the trunk it seemed that license plate wasn't tightened all the way. Last weekend I washed the car and in the process I took the plate off to clean behind it. That's when I noticed 2 holes (maybe 1/4in) near the bottom of where the plate sits. I noticed on my wife's car ('11 Escape) that she had 2 little rubber numbs there... Did everyone else's FS have those 2 holes as well? or did the dealer remove them when putting my plate on?

Right now the metal license place frame I have is resting right on the paint! UGH. Thankfully its a lease, but I wonder if I should call up the dealership and be like WTF?!
Who knows at the end of the lease you might decide that you've taken care of your car better than anyone else could and want to buy it out and you'll be very upset that you'll have scratches under the license plate back there so either way you should try to address it in one way shape or form

·
Registered
624 Posts
I got the nubs, but plate doesn't stay in them. Makes all kinds of noise when closing trunk. Plate or plate holder must be misshapen.

·
Registered
868 Posts
have nubs. hate not having the bottom half of the plate screwed down though. carwash just about ripped half of it off. now it looks like i have 1-1/2 rear wings.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The threads going into my trunk were buggered up as well. I ended up adding 2-3 washers and a lock washer between the bolt head and the plate. It's not noticeable, but I'm sure I'd lose points at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance judging. If I use a license plate bracket, I could probably lose 1-2 washers.

It looked to me like there was some plastic injected to make the holes (and the female threads), so I didn't want to try to tap them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies. I'll try calling the dealership on Monday. I take all my cars there for tires and service and know the service manager well so I'm sure he would take care of me. I just wanted to make sure before I called.

·
Super Moderator
1,523 Posts
The threads going into my trunk were buggered up as well. I ended up adding 2-3 washers and a lock washer between the bolt head and the plate. It's not noticeable, but I'm sure I'd lose points at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance judging. If I use a license plate bracket, I could probably lose 1-2 washers.

It looked to me like there was some plastic injected to make the holes (and the female threads), so I didn't want to try to tap them.
The car comes from the factory with no holes or threads drilled in the top, and the rubber nubs in the bottom holes. There are indents on a little raised platform (which you'd see if you took off your rear plate) where the plate would be centered for the dealer techs to start the screws. The threads are just created by the screws the first time they're screwed in. If they're messed up, the tech that did the PDI on your car is the one that screwed it up. I'm so glad I did the PDI myself for reasons like this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts